Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Courtyard Lynchburg(Lynchburg)
US$113
US$149
US$124
All reviewsparking garagefront deskroom was cleanin townoutdoor poolhistoric downtownexercise roomstaff was friendlyliberty universityelvislobbyweddingvirginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed during a visit to Liberty University - has some reward points to use and the ratings were not bad. This hotel has some age and they have tried to update cosmetically. There are still some other issues such as large, live mold spots in the ceiling in the bathroom on the 7th floor room we stayed in - will attempt to post pics.

The beds were comfortable, decor was up to date, and the AC worked well.

The downstairs restaurant needs some attention - it...is...painfully...slow! Speaking of slow - so is the wifi (which is free).

ALL staff are VERY friendly!

Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear trvlgrl6570,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you found our beds comfortable. decor up to date and staff very friendly. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the restaurant service may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Clean and quiet, with friendly staff. Room was good. Beds are nice, although the pillows could stand to be a bit more substantial. Bathroom fixtures also looked a little tired and worn (and something better than industrial-grade newsprint toilet paper would be nice). Restaurant/bar was good. Pool looked nice too. Decent price, with breakfast voucher to boot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed and moved rooms due to fleas. But there were a few fleas in the new room. Not nearly as many as the first though. Not sure if the whole hotel is infected. Rooms were nice and so were the people, but we could have done without the fleas... Luckily they didn't come home with us.

• Stayed: August 2014
gmcamm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Ashley F,

THANK YOU for your review!

I am so sorry to hear about the fleas. One of the hazards of having a pet-friendly hotel.

As is protocol, the room has been taken off-market and treated.

Please contact me at hislynchburg@hislynchburg.com so that we can offer some compensation for your inconvenience.

Tony Camm
GM

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Conveniently located on Main St. in downtown Lynchburg, the Holiday Inn was clean, quiet and well run. Good room with a King bed, wifi, free breakfast in the morning. Parking in the garage next door. A good experience. Would recommend / stay here again.

Room Tip: higher floor, on the backside away from Main St.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank johnmc82
Reviewed 9 July 2014

As many reviewers note, this hotel is in a good location with respect to the historic downtown of Lynchburg, but it does strike me as a fairly tired one. I chose to stay here based in part on my relationship with the IHG rewards and the brand, for which I am quite used to seeing hotel management responses to reviews on Trip Advisor but note that they seem to be absent here. The night I was here the hotel was fully booked, which could explain the lack of attention. I was happy with the staff treatment as a platinum stayer, but some aspects of my room were a bit off. I was in room 825, which is adjacent to a room that seems to be an executive lounge and shares a connecting door. Being the inquisitive sort, I opened my half of the connecting doors and found the other open as well rather than locked, which seems odd. Needless to say I relocked mine and moved a bench in front of it (not that I'm security conscious). Hopefully it's not used in the morning before I depart. Also, the lamps in the room have sockets for phone chargers, but they would not work with mine; I had to unplug one and use the wall socket.

One item of note, there is a small parking lot adjacent to the hotel, actually before it as you follow the one way direction along Main Street; this lot can be used for parking, but they prefer you to use the parking structure after the hotel and provide a permit to display on your dash. If you do that, you can park in front of the hotel temporarily while checking in, then move to the parking structure. Not a big deal, but might warrant explaining on the hotel's site at IHG.com. I wound up leaving my car in the lot because I walked to dinner and the parking situation hadn't been obvious before I checked in; call me lazy.... Overall I would stay here again, but would be open to a different hotel based on rewards offers for the other chains I frequent when I travel on business. Probably wouldn't seek it out on a leisure stay, but wouldn't rule it out.

Room Tip: Don't take 825.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member. We are happy to hear our hotel location worked for your travel needs. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay due to some aspects of our hotel amenities. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and trust that we will address the issues for necessary improvements. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N