“No problem's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
LI, NY
“No problem's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a second time. Both times on a college road trip and we had no complaints with the hotel, staff and the room. There was a country singer performing there that night so the hotel was quite busy. The staff is very responsive and courteous. I would definetly stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Upstate SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

We were traveling here with our family as part of a larger group. Our hotel looked great on-line, but when we arrived it did not meet our expectations. Several parties in our group experienced problems with their rooms. Personally, we had to have the air conditioning unit replaced twice, the water was just warm and our tub did not drain.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

I stayed at the hotel for business with a colleague and was quite dissapointed.

A) upon check-in my colleague & I were told that our rooms were double-bed rooms, when we had confirmations for King beds. The desk attendant indicated that King Beds were not available and that "it's just like the airlines when you get bumped into coach." Since we were checking in around 10PM I assumed that the hotel must have been busy and they ran out of rooms. However, when I spoke to staff the following day they indicated that they have been very slow and aren't even close to being full.

B) The temperature in the lobby, restaurant and bar area is freezing. When we asked staff if the heat was working, staff (who was wearing a coat), indicated that management has been trying to cut corners and save on costs, which is related to C...

C) Staff indicated that management decided to eliminate happy hour specials during the month of January.

Besides the front desk, the rest of the staff (restaurant & bar) provided great service. The rooms were typical Holiday Inn. However, my colleague had to switch rooms because the heating element was not working (it was in the upper teens at night). In regards to Management & the front desk , it appears that they are cutting corners and their own standards of customer service.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2009

I was very pleased with this hotel. I was initally concerned because the building is in the old part of town and the building is very old too, but the hotel has been recently renovated and was beautiful. The restaurant inside the hotel (Lunchbag) was awesome. The menu was fresh and very different and the food was superb.

The hotel was clean, well decorated and quiet - eventhough there was a "Little Miss" Pagent going on while we were there.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SoBoVa.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Check in was friendly and fast. Parking is in a parking garage beside the hotel. Our room was clean and had some updating however the tub was slow to drain. If you are staying here for a quiet romantic getaway then this is not your hotel. If you like to let your hair down and have a drink and party this is your hotel. There was a lot of excessive noise good thing the new comfortable bed put me to sleep. The resturant is good and reasonable they had a special short ribs, five cheese mac n cheese and tender greenbeans for $12. WOW! All and all for the price this hotel is a good stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Waxhaw, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed one night for a trip to Lynchburg for a family emergency. I didn't spend much time at the hotel. We arrived around 10:30 pm and were greeted by a very friendly staff. The check-in process went smoothly.

This was my first time in a Holiday Inn Select and frankly, I didn't have high expectations. I selected this hotel because I got a good corporate rate for Lynchburg area, the hotel was conveniently located for me and I'm a member of Priority Club.

The room reminded me of a typical old Holiday Inn room - - tired and worn. However, it was clean. The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The a/c was noiser then more upscale brands but wasn't bad. I suspect soundproofing wasn't that great and without the a/c noise, other noises would have been more problematic. I wasn't able to connect to the free internet. I think the port was dead. I didn't try to get it fixed because I only planned to stay overnight and it was late. The tub didn't drain. There was a coffee pot and iron. Both worked fine. The TV worked fine and has a full array of cable channels to pick from.

Several reviews mentioned the friendliness of the staff. I will emphasize that as well. In fact, my mother returned a couple of days later to attend a family funeral and when the staff found out why she was there, they changed her rate to a much lower bereavement rate without prompting. That kind of service earns loyalty points for me and makes it easier to overlook some of the shortcomings.

The hotel could certainly use a refresh. I don't travel to Lynchburg often so I don't know what other options are available. I would probably stay there again especially if they renovate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

The staff at this hotel are incredibly and genuinely friendly, responsive, polite and gracious. Truly hospitable. The rooms, well, not comfortable. In fact, were it not for the staff, I would have only given 2 stars. The A/C is very noisy and ineffective. Only two settings: freezing, and hair-soaked sweating.-wake-up-gasping-for-breath. The windows do not open. The sink is in the bathroom, making it difficult to share, especially when getting ready for a wedding. I would probably go somewhere else the next time. There is only one quasi-comfortable. Not a room for "taking your ease," simply a place to try to sleep.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple