“Cozy”

Kirkley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
“Cozy”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had a bad first impression due to some party being let out downstairs. Very loud and obnoxious people. Other than that the rooms were very homey and the bed was very comfortable. The other guests were very rude by talking in the hallway and slamming doors at 7am, also housekeeping knocked on the door when we were still sleeping. Despite this we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hamburg
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very clean and modern hotel. Staff was friendly. check in process was easy.
Beds were comfortable. I did not use the restaurant in the morning so cannot comment about that. It would be nice to have it open late at night on a saturday night..or have at least a bar open

Room Tip: farther away from elevator - was quieter room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dade City, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our second stay here at the hotel. Was recommended online at the liberty university site, where our daughter is attending. Very friendly, very clean. Our only complaint was we had just gotten in from a 14 hour trip and it was about 9:30-10:00 and needed rest desperately. we were placed in a room on the third floor along with a family who had several rooms and the doors were just being slammed for what seemed about an hour. Finally around 11:00pm we got some peace and quiet. We were too tired to call the front desk.
Overall our room was impeccable, and service was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2014

There were a lot of nice touches to the hotel, but some things I would think basic were lacking. The cable was out most of the trip. I don't know if that would be the hotel's fault because of the weather and wind on top of "Liberty Mountain," but it was an inconvenience. I also could not receive consistent internet access in my room on the 5th floor. I could take my tablet downstairs to the lobby or ballroom and get internet; but if I needed to work on my laptop in the room, I was out of luck. I ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning, but should have just skipped that all together. It took 20 minutes for someone to come ask me if I wanted anything. By then I had already taken my coffee cup out to the lobby coffee pot and poured myself coffee. I served myself a bagel and yogurt from the bar. I did order an omelet once asked and it did arrive about 5 minutes before I had to be at my next session. The food was fine. Andrew at the front desk was very efficient and pleasant at check-in. All of the luggage carts were being used when I checked in but he offered to get someone to help me with my luggage. I did it myself but the offer was appreciated. The room was very comfortable, although I did find it a little strange to have to put my own top sheet on the bed. Not a big deal, but would love to know the philosophy behind it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

New York City
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Average. Very cold in terms of first impression. A little effort in terms of greeting and welcoming guests would go a long way. Dull entrance and very sterile. Room was ok and simply served a purpose.

Riverdale, Georgia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very friendly staff, make you feel as if you truly important. Rooms are excellent and the hotel is very clean. If you are traveling in the Lynchburg Va. area, I highly recommend this hotel for your stay. It has large conference rooms, nice dining facility that is always clean and the food is fabulous.

1 Thank Sp1856
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was quite reluctant to stay at this place after I was sent a Confirmation of my reservation that included a two-page legal waiver that I was required to sign. Never have I had to sign something like that but...everything worked out. The room was as nice as the pictures were on-line so I was pleased with that. The carpet could give you a seizure, but that was probably the worst part about the décor. Everything was really clean, and I even sat on the furniture in the room (leather or a version thereof). Enjoyed the complimentary coffee every morning. The staff was very friendly. Great location for us as we were visiting a student at Liberty University, and right around the corner from Ward's Road. We visited during the polar vortex so the weather was extremely cold, and we didn't get to take advantage of the pool on-site, with the adjacent outdoor terrace. Next visit!! The only issue I had was that the staff didn't empty out our garbage after our first night (and leaving the appropriate sign on the door handle). Otherwise, an excellent spot. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple