“Very Pleased”
Review of Kirkley Hotel

Kirkley Hotel
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I checked out reviews looking for a nice place to stay while looking at property in Lynchburg. All the great reviews were right on the money. The rooms are very spacious and clean. There are 2 sinks, one in the bath and one in the room so that one is always available if someone is in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable. The towels are nice and heavy and very soft. The shower was wonderful with the huge shower head. There is also a comfortable chair for relaxing and a nice desk for eating or for your laptop. The rates were very reasonable and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were traveling and knew we would need to stop for the night around Lynchburg, VA, so we checked Hotels.com for last minute accommodations. The Kirkley Hotel met our immediate needs; mainly, because the price was right. When we drove up to the property, we thought it looked more like an out-dated convention center, but we knew it would be for only one night. Imagine our surprise upon walking into the beautiful lobby! We could tell at first glance that the hotel was undergoing some major renovations. Our room was lovely…large and was far and beyond what we had expected. The public areas of the hotel are truly beautiful and look like some of the hotels we have stayed at in downtown Chicago. The mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on! The staff was courteous, helpful and made our short visit a memorable one. We were also told that they are beginning renovations on their dining area soon. We definitely would recommend a stay at The Kirkley!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Forced to be here overnight for work. However, I would definitely choose this location on my own accord! The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very courteous. The bathrooms are clean with nice showers and the cookies waiting for us in our room are a nice perk.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The only way to describe my stay at the Kirkley is that it's much like staying at a good friend's home. Warm, clean, welcoming and friendly. If you're in the Lynchburg area and don't want to give up that "at home" feeling. Try the Kirkley. From Breakfast to bedtime, they have you covered. It was wonderful. Not your average hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After driving all day I arrived at this hotel around 9p - my 4 children and I- only to be told that my reservation would not be honored because I could not have four children in the room with me! I would need to pay for another room - which they were booked solid- because I had too many children! Furious! My children were ages 2, 4 yr old twins, and 7. They wanted me to pay for another room! Why? Because certainly no one was sleeping in a room without mommy. The receptionist was rude and the least concerned about the predicament I was being put in at this late hour. Yes I have a child attending Liberty University but I will NEVER stay at Kirkley. NEVER!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank tandrews1105
PeteTrip, Owner at Kirkley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

I'm the Owner of the Kirkley Hotel,

It is correct that we are prohibited by fire code to allow more persons of any age in the rooms. The code states that each person must have a place to sleep.

We strictly adhere to the fire code for the safety of our guests.

All confirmations state our occupancy restrictions.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed there for a quick weekend getaway. Lovely hotel! Next time, we're bringing swimming suits. ONLY one suggestion.....Replace the "rain" shower nozzle with a hand-held one; sometimes you want to clean below.....

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is/has undergone a nice renovation. They haven't done much to the outside, but inside (where it counts) is very well done. The rooms are large and comfortable. The WIFI is strong, the pool well kept and the exercise room is well appointed.
The only knock I have is housekeeping comes by early in the morning to exchange your towels and then comes back later to clean your room. During the weekday, didn't care, on the weekend this was annoying. Still, I like the hotel and will stay here again. the room process are also very reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to stay away form the ice machines, they get loud.