Econo Lodge
US$123
US$104
US$103
US$135
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
Craddock Terry Hotel(Lynchburg)
US$178
All reviewssignal strengthroom was cleantakes priderestful sleeplocal collegeair conditionerthe rooms were niceone night staylocation was perfectfront desk personshower headstaff was very friendlylynchburg collegenon smokingwould stay here againcoffee makertrain tracks
Reviewed 22 October 2011

my wife and I were traveling up north to visit family and stayed here for the night. We never really know what to expect from a Econolodge, but were pleasantly surprised. We did have trouble finding it coming from the south as it is off the beaten path, thought not far from the highway, but there were no signs until we pasted it. However the room was quite large with two double beds. It had a refrigerator and microwave. It was very clean with cable TV and good wifi. The beds were comfortable. It was very quiet so we got a good nights sleep.

The breakfast was very limited, but then we expected that as we have stayed at other Econolodge motels on our travels. Over all we can recommend this motel and would stay here again if traveling in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sljvlj5
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I called a few days in advance to book my room, upon arrival in town, called the hotel for directions and the desk clerk gave precise wonderful directions which I had no trouble following. She asked me if I wanted the AC on in my room, and did actually go turn it on for me before arrival. I stayed on a Friday night, and asked her recommendation for a place to have a small informal breakfast meeting, she gave me several options in which I did end up chosing one of her recommendations (and actually saw her there later that morning). Should I need to return to Lynchburg again in the future I will always stay at the property. Staff was all very friendly and professional!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank MarkM44
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My wife and I were travelling to Buena Vista and just needed a place for the night. It had been quite some time since I had stayed in an "EconoLodge" b/c I had the impression that they were dirty, low end, last resort, cheap hotels. Because I had enough points for a free stay and after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I chose to give them a try and stay here.
The Good: We arrived around 1130pm and the lady at the desk / window was very friendly and had an upbeat attitude, which was nice after riding for almost 6 hours. She was just as pleasant at 630am when we checked out. The room was bigger than I expected and was very clean. The bathroom and sink area were also very clean. As were the linens. The bed was not a plush pillowtop or anything, but it was comfortable. Not that we needed them, but there were also a mini-fridge, microwave and big flat screen tv.
The things that could be better: Our room was on the street side and occassionally, I could hear a truck go by, so you might want to get a room on the back side; especially, if you are a light sleeper. The "breakfast" consisted of a few muffins, pastries, OJ and coffee. There was only 1 chair in the room, a second one would have been nice. Lastly, the noise from the shower was very loud and I mean very loud. You can forget about sleeping in while someone is in the shower.
Overall, we needed a clean bed and shower for 1 night. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel for someone passing thru.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ralitaco
Manager_Econo185, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

I am glad that you gave us a chance and look forward to seeing you in the future. I am sorry about the one chair and shower, I will have both of those looked into quickly.

Reviewed 30 January 2011

Stayed here for 3 days and found the room,staff and housekeeping plesant.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I stayed here for a couple of weeks while I worked. The staff was not very nice. The room was clean and big. The price wasn't great for what I got. But overall I guess it was ok. The breakfast was a laugh, really sad. They really need a better breakfast. All they had was donuts and coffee & thats it. But the room was clean & the bedding was good. I had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business