“Welcome Home!”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Cortland, New York
“Welcome Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We enjoyed another great stay at Econo Lodge on a recent Friday and Monday. As before everything was fantastic! Jennifer the GM and her Mom Debi make you feel at home as soon as you walk in. Nothing is too much to ask for. Since we were last here they have changed remote controls...They are made by Clean World, and Jennifer showed us how they could remove the batteries and throw the remote in the dishwasher. Very good idea-for the place in the room that attracts the most germs.
They are in the process of making a new breakfast room, and have been researching foods to serve. Certainly a bonus for this hotel.
I highly recommend a stay at this hotel, and would be more than happy to answer any specific questions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie P
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
WELCOME HOME! We love seeing you!!!! I am glad that you have found your home away from home in our property. We have construction almost complete and you will get to enjoy our beautiful breakfast room in the very near future!!!!

Econo Lodge – Lynchburg, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

The Econo lodge was your basic hotel, but the rooms were clean and modern. The staff was fantastic. I had forgot my business note book and they were kind enough to mail it back to me with any charges. The tv selection was plenty to pick from. The nicest was the breakfast the next morning. Everything was fresh and especially the coffee was good. I am a coffee lover and enjoy it when I come across good coffee. Good price, good room, and good food. 3 most important things for me when I am on the road.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words – we take pride in the cleanliness and “up-to-date” levels of our property. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be enjoyable and that we returned your lost notebook quickly. I am also glad that you were pleased with our television, we are still in the process of adding even more channels. I love your three important things – because when I travel – they are about the same for me! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

New Market, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Let me begin - this is an Econo Lodge, not the Hilton. The place was very clean and had all of the things one would want - iron, fridge, microwave, new flat screen TV just installed while we were there. Also some of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. All at a good price. The thing that put the place over the top for us was the staff - Jennifer the GM and her mom who also works there were superb and some of the most helpful and friendly hotel staff I have come across in years of travel for both business and pleasure.

Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank H_Viator
Thank you for your kind words, we (as a team) all work very hard to maintain a clean and safe property. I am so glad that you were pleased with the ammenties that are offered in the rooms – we are in the process of renovating all of our rooms, with about 50% completed. I am also thrilled that our staff was the best of the best – which is what we strive for. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I spent two weeks for school at the Econ Lodge and the staff was extremely helpful, courteous, and respectful. Jennifer Keenan (front desk manager) was professional, the cleaning staff was par excellent, and the periodic surveillance from the police provided a safe, comfortable, and tranquil environment. I have to return to Lynchburg next summer to attend classes and I will stay at the Econo Lodge.

-Antonio Morales

Room Tip: There was no pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words – we loved having you here and look forward to seeing you soon. We can not put into words how thrilled that you were about your pleasant stay. Thank you again and good luck in your studies.

Richmond, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is an old, exterior-door type building. It is situated in what seems like an abandoned industrial area, just off the highway exit. It is a little TOO secluded for me. We chose this hotel because it was the last place in Lynchburg with rooms available at the last minute. The people at the front desk were very friendly. And the hotel met the most important thing for me - cleanliness. Although old, it was decently renovated and clean. The room was spacious for a general hotel room (we had a king bed). There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The bed was clean and comfy. The second most important thing to me is noise control. I'm afraid this hotel failed miserably at this. The people above us walked around all night and the floor squeeked and cracked at every pace. The people next to us were playing music and we heard every word. People were smoking outside our door and we heard every word. Fortunately, most of the noise stopped long enough to sleep. Overall, an ok place for a quick night's sleep. We did not try their breakfast, but from what we saw on check-in, they just have a few things on a small counter.

Room Tip: Upstairs would be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank newbbrn
Our hotel is an exterior entrance property, and I am sorry that the area felt secluded to you. Yes we are away from the hustle and bustle of Candler’s Mountain and Ward’s Road, but the area is not abandoned. I am glad that you were happy with the size and the amenities that are offered in the rooms. I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise of the rooms above you – we are looking into how we can correct this. Our breakfast is moving into its own room and adding more items.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The room on the first floor looked like it had recently been renovated. The bathroom and carpet were very clean and the beds were comfortable. Really good for the price we got at the Econolodge website. Like most places in Lynchburg it's not that easy to get public transportation from there, but you could walk to the nearby Liberty U annex dorms to get a bus ride to Liberty U. The only complaint I would give is the night clerk (Sep 24th night) who looked at us as if we were unwelcome and spoke so harshly to us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank everystepoftheway
Thank you for your review, we have recently began renovating the property, with nearly 50% of the rooms already done. I will take a look into who was working on the night that you checked in, and speak to them about how they are treating our guests. Thank you so much for letting me know this and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Troutville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

stayed overnight and was very pleased with the location. very easy to reach and was near our destination in Lynchburg. The lady at the desk for check-in was extremely helpful especially with print-outs of directions to places in the area. Very friendly. Would definitely stay there again. Good value.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank D. K
I am glad to know that your stay was enjoyable, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Our “direction” binder has been a work in progress for nearly two years, with new additions frequently. We all know how frustrating it can be to be in an unfamiliar area. Thank you for the very kind words about your stay and our staff!