“Great no-frills stay”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Pennsylvania
“Great no-frills stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stopped late at night at the Econolodge in Lynchburg during a week-long business trip in the South. Most of the other hotels in Lynchburg were horribly overpriced for a last minute check-in, but the Econolodge fit our budget. This hotel was one of our better nights on the trip. Check-in was a breeze, and unlike most of our spur of the moment check-ins we were given a room on the ground floor. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and everything worked, including (amazingly enough) the internet. Staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was fine for us (although some would think the choices too limiting).

Room Tip: Hotel is close to railroad tracks-ask for a room on the north side; they should be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am glad that this was one of the better nights during your business trip and that you did not feel that we were overpriced for Lynchburg. When setting rates we do take care to evaluate the main reason for travel and also consider that we are still an Econo Lodge and try to keep that in mind. Thank you for noticing that our housekeepers do treat each and every room like their homes in making sure that everything is perfect for every guest. I am working to add more health conscious choices for the breakfast but space and regulations are very limiting on us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Jennifer M. Keenan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staying here is like staying with your favorite Aunt and cousin, you are really made to feel like you are family. If a hotel can be called fun to stay at, this one is. Even the cleaning staff waves goodbye and thanks you for staying there. Rooms are well above average for Econo Lodges, really nice and spotlessly clean. The internet, a weakness in many other hotels is strong and fast. Parking is no problem even when they are full. Only negative is people in upstairs rooms can sound real loud walking around if they are not careful. The staff seems to know all their customers by name, Highly recommended but call for directions if you are going north on 29, I always get lost and I have been there before. If you are coming from down town Lynchburg no problem, they are right at the exit.

1 Thank anyone1989
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review, and I am glad that you feel at home when you are here. We do take the extra step (or try to) make all of our guests feel like just that, a guest! We want to get to know you, and make you feel like you are as important as you truly are to us! Thank you for the honest words about directions – I have been at the property for 3 years and still have yet to figure out why we are off of two different exits, depending on which direction you are going! And it is very true – if you get turned around, pull over and give us a call, we can get you here from just about anywhere in town. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My twins and I were touring VA and NC college campuses during their high school spring break and we stayed at the Lynchburg Econo Lodge our second evening "on the road." By the time we landed, we were tired, achy, cranky and ready to just stop moving for a while. I was not looking forward to finding a place for us to eat dinner after getting settled in our room. Within minutes of our arrival, the woman behind the desk (I think her name was Jennifer) warmly invited us to join her and some friends for a homemade dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread and fresh baked brownies! The three of us felt as though we had died and gone to heaven. We gratefully accepted, inhaled the delicious meal and left to collapse on our beds. I can't say they would be able to do this for all travelers staying here (in fact I am sure our timing was just very, very lucky) but what a nice bunch of folks running this well-kept homey motel. It was obvious that the people working here really cared about the place, and about their guests! Thank you Jennifer and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am hoping that you children enjoyed their spring break, and most importantly enjoyed your stay with us! The dinner that you mentioned was something that we did for our guests right before Easter to show how much that everyone means to us! We do take immense pride in running the property and think that “all who enter as guests, leave as friends!” We look forward to seeing you in the future while your children are attending college (hopefully in Lynchburg!)

Browns Summit, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at this motel based on online reviews and, as some of the other reviewers, were pleasantly surprised. The exterior was average and did not necessarily promise much. However, the interior was very clean and had no off-putting odor as some do. It also had a fridge and microwave, which is nice for this level. Overall a nice stay, and we will visit again when in this area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. While I do agree the color of Spring has not quite popped yet, so the outside can look a little boring (just waiting on Winter to leave for this). We do take pride in not using any odor masking agents in our rooms because we feel that the first thing that you should smell upon walking into our room is nothing except cleanliness! I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to seeing you next time!

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you are looking for a plush inn this is not for you. If you are looking for a wonderfully white glove clean, run by a wonderful staff hotel; book now!
Room was basic, bed was comfortable, good amount of room to move around, shower was good; didn't like the shower head much, but it did the job well. Had good size flat screen TV, wall air conditioner/heater worked well; almost too well. Room had all the necessities; soap, shampoo, facial tissue, paper for notes, hair dryer, & coffee pot. Most important thing it was clean from doorway to toilet/shower!
Location was good, right off of bus29 Lynchburg EXPY N. & easy to get to Liberty University, and lots of restaurants.
Would I stay there again? YES YES YES!

Room Tip: I always like the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lars05
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We love to see reviews that let us know that our guests are happy and feel comfortable when visiting us! I am thrilled that the most important thing to you, cleanliness is also the most important thing to us! We look forward to seeing you again!

Gloucester, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We attended a men's conference at Liberty University and lodged at this particular hotel, mainly due to the rating on Trip Advisor and the reasonable cost...the two ladies I spoke to leading up to our visit there were very helpful, adjusting the number of rooms I had originally reserved per my request. Great experience, and plan on staying there again for the 2015 conference!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us while at the Men’s Wildfire Conference. I am pleased to know that you made your lodging choices with us based on the reviews of past guests, and took the time to leave your review as well. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to all of the members of our staff, and praise them on making altering your reservations as easy as possible. We look forward to seeing you again for the 2015 conference as well.

Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had booked several rooms here based on the good reviews here on Trip Advisor for a family function in Lynchburg. I had the chance to look at the rooms prior to the guests arriving. I had been skeptical at first only because it is an Econo Lodge, but once I had a chance to see the rooms, the decent location of the hotel, and meet Debbie at the front desk who took such good care of me and my guests, all apprehensions were gone.

Rooms are basic, a little dated, but very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

I would highly recommend this place if you need a room to stay in, in Lynchburg.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_Econo185, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review, I am glad that both past reviews helped make your decision to make your reservations, in addition your review will help make the decision for future guests. We do understand your thoughts on what to expect from an Econo Lodge – but we like to think that we are not your typical Econo Lodge and take pride in showing that. We are in the process of adding the new décor (by the end of February 2014) and also adding the breakfast room (also before the end of February 2014).
I will be sure to pass your kind words on to all of the front desk staff, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jennifer M. Keenan