“Any Port In A Storm”

Timberlake Motel Lynchburg
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This would not be my first pick for staying on the western side of L-burg. By most standards, it's basically a dump. Looks great online, but not so great IRL. If you are having car trouble on that side of Lynchburg, then by all means ... "Any port in a storm" as they often say.

Other/better hotels can be had for a little more $ just another 1 or 2 more miles into town.

Room Tip: Keep driving and don't look back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank T-Bone_Steaks

Reviewed 8 October 2013

It's nicer than the Best Western. I stay here because it's just a little bit out of town which helps me to sleep much better. There's hardly any noise or light pollution, so I can sleep with the blinds open to let the sun wake me up in the morning. It's less than 10 minutes from Liberty University which is great because I come here so often for work. Overall it's a nice place to stay and the staff is quite friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Timberlake motel was a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and very well kept. The employees have always been very helpful when you need anything. The breakfast is very convenient. Since located on outskirts of town it is very quiet and easy to find. Pricing has always been lowest in area

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for a weekend trip in October. Front desk staff were very pleasant every time we called which ended up being a lot since GPS won't recognize the Lynchburg Hwy. address. We followed Maps to that address & ended up way out of our way. After calling several times & getting directions we found the motel & checked in with no further problems. The rooms were normal size (2 DB) with flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and a desk. The bath was clean with very hot water & thicker than expected towels. Our friends were in the room beside us & we couldn't hear anything from their room. The ceiling had some water stains but nothing mildewed or anything. In fact the motel smelled wonderful. Breakfast was waffles, toast, cereal, milk, coffee, OJ, tea. Nothing special but enough to get started. All in all a great room at a great price in a great town!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank LittleChefRemi
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very basic motel.

The sheets were clean. One "desk" chair only - no other chairs or couch.

King size bed plus a side table and one desk/table and mirror (with no light).

Small bathroom.

Lighting in the room very poor. Manager brought a lamp base with a spotlight-type bulb with no shade.

Noise in parking lot began around 6 a.m. when long-term renters drove off for work.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Highly recommend this place !
Stayed for 2 nights , as soon as we walk in staff at desk made us feel very welcome and have us great suggestions and info about local area .
Rooms were clean and well kept ..
GREAT EXPERIENCE

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Millsey31
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Fantastic staff member Paul greeted me with a big smile and a high five - and said to me, Our birthdays are close together - WE are awesome!" And then gave great directions to my room!
Clean - everything was very clean - and very ....
Comfy .... Great bed with plenty of pillows .... And when I slept it was unbelievably .....
Quiet .... I didn't hear a peep ... And the place was full!
The owner greeted me when I checked out and, although I missed the free breakfast, he insisted I grab a cup of coffee before I left, which I did!
It is close to my family in Lynchburg, so I will definitely stay again!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms near the 3rd entrance are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo