“Excellent European Cuisine”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent European Cuisine”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the Octoberfest specials prepared by a Swiss chef. Everything was authentic and delicious. I took a turn for the wurst and had a sausage combo. The sauerkraut and German potato salad were wonderful. The sauerbraten was just right. The only German red wine was somewhat sweet. The service was good, but the food took a long time in coming. I highly recommend this place, but might choose a slower night.

Visited September 2013

BERGEN COUNTY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“From great to poor in just 30 days.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visit 1. Dropping off Junior at college in August.Veal Oscar is terrific. Great service Three happy
campers.

Visit 2. Parents Weekend. Service virtually non-existent. I think the Veal Oscar was left over from
our last visit. Interestingly, we were told that they had run out of scallops for the
appetizer for our 6pm reservation,but were still featuring Seared Scallops as a dinner
entree. Lost us to the competition.

1 Thank jetsdriver
PA
“Great German Food!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The owners are from Austria and they have an additional Oktoberfest menu to compliment the standard menu. We had Spaten Oktoberfest on tap which was outstanding. The potato pancake appetizer brought back memories of when my Mom used to make this recipe (though my Mom usually would make them thinner and more crispy). The wife and I each ordered different schnitzels --- excellent! The spatzle was fried and was browned (unique). The red cabbage was the best I have ever had, though I had to order it ala carte. The apple strudel was as good as Mom's.

Interior was pleasant and not too loud. Not much of a view. There are some small tables outside on the sidewalk, but I don't know why you would want to sit out there. Prices were reasonable, though I thought that the red cabbage should have been part of the meal (what is it with Germans that they don't like to serve vegetables with dinner?). Service was excellent.

Alexandria, Virginia
“The place to go downtown!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Urs and his wife have a warm and engaging establishment, with excellent food. It's where one goes to meet old friends and form new ones!

Visited September 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Lovely restaurant in old Lynchburg!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

This was a great meal. I had the vegetarian plate, which was amazing. My husband had the local rainbow trout and he loved it. The service was also top quality. You won't be disappointed here!