“Above average for the South!”

Shoemakers American Grille
Ranked #1 of 321 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located on the Bluffwalk in historic downtown Lynchburg, Virginia, Shoemakers American Grille offers fine cuisine in an upscale industrial setting. Its shoe themed rooms and décor reflect Lynchburg’s rich history in the early 1900’s as the mecca for all things shoes and tobacco. Bar opens Monday - Saturday 4:30 pm for Happy Hour.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have been going here for three years. The atmosphere is very appealing. The staff is extremely professional and very attentive. The meals are prepared and served with distinction. The steaks are the best in the area. They have always exceeded our expectations.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

DRCVA - appreciate your nice review! Thank you and we're happy you keep coming back!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here for my birthday, our scallop casino appetizer was delicious! Then I had the seafood chowder which was creamy and savory. My boyfriend had the prime rib and I had the Kona filet, both being cooked to perfection, flavored amazingly, and tender. our sides were delectable, the grilled asparagus, mashed potatoes, mushroom w carmalized onions. AMAZING food and GREAT prices!!

Sayra S,
Thank you for the nice review and we're so happy you enjoyed everything!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Last night, my husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Shoemaker's, a wonderful restaurant and one we save for special occasions. Unfortunately, when we were seated at our table, I noticed my lovely gold bracelet, one I had purchased after my mother died, was missing. I assumed it was at our home and tried to enjoy our delicious meal. For you oyster fans, their fried oysters and corn appetizer is an outstanding dish, truly one of the best I've ever had. I assumed the bracelet was at our home and was very upset when I returned and couldn't find it. I called the hotel next door to the restaurant, the Craddock-Terry, to notify them I had lost it if anyone turned it in. The front desk clerk told me it had already been turned into them by the GENERAL MANGER OF THE RESTAURANT, PATRICK DALY. You can't imagine my relief! Not only did I have a fabulous meal with delicious wine, but also had my faith restored in mankind. Thank you, Patrick, for making our 30th anniversary memorable in more ways than one! We look forward to returning to your wonderful restaurant soon.

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Oh, we're SO HAPPY to have made your special occasion even better by our wonderful GM, Patrick! Thank you very much for your kind review and we hope to see you on your next anniversary!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great food and service, especially in conjunction with a stay at Craddock-Terry. Very enjoyable! We'll return...

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you Larry!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food was excellent the filet melted like butter in your mouth and the service was as if you were home,they were always there when needed but seemed to quietly an discreetly make sure all your needs were met. If you come to Lynchburg you must experience this restaurant you won't be disappointed!!!

Allison D, Guest Relations Manager at Shoemakers American Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you Steve - appreciate the review!