“Very Nice, But Get A room Away From highway”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I Agree With Above Rewiwers who Stayed July 11-13. The Staff Are Wonderful, Helpful, And Friendly. I Chose This Hotel Because The Manager answered Trip Advisor Reviews; Always A Good Sign. They Gave Us A Great AARP Rate! The Suite Was Large, Very Clean, Well Decorated. Beds Were Yummy, Soft, Fluffy, With GreatPillows And Bedding. I will have to say that I was disappointed with the highway noise and if I go back I will choose a room away from the highway. we were also there the night the fire alarm rang but slept through it, because it wasn't extremely loud. All in all, this is an excellent hotel with friendly service and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Sandra J,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. I do apologize that you had some noise issues and we will be sure to discuss your feedback, but otherwise we are thankful for your kind words regarding our staff and the comfort of your stay. Thank you again and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Comfortable, clean rooms, with small fridge, a generous breakfast and unfailing courtesy from the staff. A big plus for military/veterans--a generous discount. Kudos! It is on a busy highway, so a room away from the road would be good. And it is in the newer area of Lynchburg which does not lend itself to much charm.

Room Tip: It would be a good idea to ask for a room that is not on the main highway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear merhabaabi,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay; I'm delighted to read that you had a clean and comfortable stay, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. We appreciate you rating us so highly and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Fire alarm went off both days at 5:15 in the morning. House keeping did not come despite being asked personally. OK comfortablilty. Issues with charging items to the room. That is all I have to say but this thing makes you type a 200 character minimum report so yeah.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tom A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and our team will discuss your review promptly to improve our service for the future- please get in touch with me at the number below to discuss your stay in greater depth. Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity on your next stay to show how much we value our guests.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel after traveling from Virginia Beach thru the heartland of Virginia. Although I was unfamiliar with this hotel and its location, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to locate. In addition, within a mile of the hotel are plenty of restaurants...such as Vinney's Pizzeria, which I visited for a take-out pizza that I relaxed and enjoyed in my room. Nice size to the room which included a living area and desk, wet-bar, microwave, refrigerator. Convenience of location just off Rt. 460 makes this an excellent location. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Although hesitant to give me the only remaining room on the top floor, since it was across from the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Awaski,

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay! I'm delighted to hear you found us easily, enjoyed our amenities, and found our location to be so convenient for your needs. We hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to seeing you the next time you find yourself in Lynchburg! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. The property is about 3 or 4 years old. It was also easy to access off the interstate and proved convenient for my time spent exploring Lexington, the Blue Ridge Parkway as well as Roanoke, Lynchburg and Appomattox. I will say it was slightly load with road noise, so ask for a room in the back of the property. The staff was amazing...some of the best that I have encountered in my last few years spent traveling (at least 15-20 nights per year all at Marriott properties).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear SKimo26,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm happy to hear you had a clean and comfortable stay overall and will pass your kind words regarding our staff on to the rest of our team. I hope you enjoyed exploring the region's natural wonders! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a newer hotel and you can tell that the staff takes care of it to keep it clean. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning had a good selection and the workers were always adding food. Even though you are right across the street from the airport you don't hear any noise. I would definitely recommend this place for a stop if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay. You are only about an hour from the Natural Bridge, which was worth the drive. Be warned though that getting to the Natural Bridge you are on an extremely windy road the entire time. Plus, you are really close to shops, food and downtown Lynchburg.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear raindrops554,

Thank you for reviewing our SpringHill Suites. I'm glad to hear you found everything clean and comfortable and our guest service was efficient. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you the next time you're in the Lynchburg area!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in Lynchburg for one night for the Big South baseball tournament and decided to stay here for location - very convenient to Liberty & food. Room was spacious, bed comfortable, and breakfast was good. We were on the highway side but traffic noise was not a problem. The only negative was not the hotels fault. You have to make a u-turn to get to the hotel from Lynchburg and it is (was) not a protected turn and traffic was heavy. We would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Retired15,

Thanks for your review and I hope that you enjoyed the tournament while you were in town. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and and all of our amenities and that you had a quiet stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you for another stay soon!