“Perfect Room Size!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Lizella
“Perfect Room Size!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel was perfect for our family. We needed a room that would accommodate my husband my 2 children (16 & 7) & myself. With the AARP rate this was a very good value for us. The double worked out great for us. We stayed 2 different nights (July 02nd & July 20th). Hotel staff very friendly. Check-in easy. I was concerned about being across the street from the airport due to noise but, air traffic was very quiet but, highway traffic noisy. The breakfast is wonderful. Kept us full for a long time. The only thing I did notice is that the carpet in the main lobby/breakfast area could use replacing. Other than that this is a great hotel and will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Margaret L,

Thank you so much for your review; I'm very pleased to hear that our accommodations were perfect for your whole family! We're also happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast very much and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks for your other feedback as well - we hope it won't be too long before your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a stopover on route to Williamsburg it was a very modern new hotel. Location was excellent quite close to the university and right beside the airport. Check in was hazzle free and wifi was good. We didn't use any of the other facilities if pool or gym. Breakfast was served in the foyer and was quite busy however I couldn't believe it when I went to get a cup of tea and was told they had run out of tea bags. To me that is really bad management and is not that we were staying in a cheap motel and had paid quite a lot of money for three rooms. So if you want a cup of tea stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear GEW5,

Thank you for reviewing our SpringHill Suites and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I would like to apologize, however, for the lack of tea - we aim to keep everything stocked throughout breakfast and I'll pass your comments on to our team to help prevent similar incidents in the future. If you'd like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, I'm glad you found our check-in efficient and location great. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in town.

(434) 822-2161
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I Agree With Above Rewiwers who Stayed July 11-13. The Staff Are Wonderful, Helpful, And Friendly. I Chose This Hotel Because The Manager answered Trip Advisor Reviews; Always A Good Sign. They Gave Us A Great AARP Rate! The Suite Was Large, Very Clean, Well Decorated. Beds Were Yummy, Soft, Fluffy, With GreatPillows And Bedding. I will have to say that I was disappointed with the highway noise and if I go back I will choose a room away from the highway. we were also there the night the fire alarm rang but slept through it, because it wasn't extremely loud. All in all, this is an excellent hotel with friendly service and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Sandra J,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. I do apologize that you had some noise issues and we will be sure to discuss your feedback, but otherwise we are thankful for your kind words regarding our staff and the comfort of your stay. Thank you again and we can't wait for your next visit!

Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Comfortable, clean rooms, with small fridge, a generous breakfast and unfailing courtesy from the staff. A big plus for military/veterans--a generous discount. Kudos! It is on a busy highway, so a room away from the road would be good. And it is in the newer area of Lynchburg which does not lend itself to much charm.

Room Tip: It would be a good idea to ask for a room that is not on the main highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear merhabaabi,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay; I'm delighted to read that you had a clean and comfortable stay, as well as that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast so much. We appreciate you rating us so highly and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!

Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Fire alarm went off both days at 5:15 in the morning. House keeping did not come despite being asked personally. OK comfortablilty. Issues with charging items to the room. That is all I have to say but this thing makes you type a 200 character minimum report so yeah.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Tom A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback. I'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and our team will discuss your review promptly to improve our service for the future- please get in touch with me at the number below to discuss your stay in greater depth. Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity on your next stay to show how much we value our guests.

(434) 822-2161
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel after traveling from Virginia Beach thru the heartland of Virginia. Although I was unfamiliar with this hotel and its location, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to locate. In addition, within a mile of the hotel are plenty of restaurants...such as Vinney's Pizzeria, which I visited for a take-out pizza that I relaxed and enjoyed in my room. Nice size to the room which included a living area and desk, wet-bar, microwave, refrigerator. Convenience of location just off Rt. 460 makes this an excellent location. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Although hesitant to give me the only remaining room on the top floor, since it was across from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Awaski,

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent stay! I'm delighted to hear you found us easily, enjoyed our amenities, and found our location to be so convenient for your needs. We hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to seeing you the next time you find yourself in Lynchburg! Thank you again for your review.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Hotel was extremely clean and comfortable. The property is about 3 or 4 years old. It was also easy to access off the interstate and proved convenient for my time spent exploring Lexington, the Blue Ridge Parkway as well as Roanoke, Lynchburg and Appomattox. I will say it was slightly load with road noise, so ask for a room in the back of the property. The staff was amazing...some of the best that I have encountered in my last few years spent traveling (at least 15-20 nights per year all at Marriott properties).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites Lynchburg, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear SKimo26,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm happy to hear you had a clean and comfortable stay overall and will pass your kind words regarding our staff on to the rest of our team. I hope you enjoyed exploring the region's natural wonders! Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.