SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area
US$103
US$123
US$105
Fairfield Inn
Timberlake Motel Lynchburg(Lynchburg)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotels.com
US$118
US$112
Craddock Terry Hotel(Lynchburg)
US$178
All reviewssleeping areafront deskwafflesliberty universitynatural bridgeroad noisefront facingwould stay here againin townoutdoor poolbreakfast was includedsmall refrigeratorpull out sofacoffee makervisiting familyconvenient locationrooms are clean
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here while tripping through Virginia, and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated, and well worth the price. Our suite was spacious, quite comfortable for three, and nicely appointed. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Linda A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites and hope you enjoyed exploring Virginia. I'm happy you had such a clean and comfortable stay and feel you received great value for your money. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit to Lynchburg!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed two nights on business. I like the layout of the room, similar to Hyatt Place, where there's a separate sitting/work area and sleeping area. The area was under a "boil order" due to a waterline break. They gave out bottles of water, slipped warning notes under the door, and shut down water-consuming items like the ice makers. Certainly not ideal, but not their fault and well handled.

Breakfast was good, nice selections. No oatmeal the second morning, I wondered if it was because there was no water, but they could have used Aquafina. I think they also could have made accommodations for orange juice (like getting gallons at the grocery) since the dispensers were shut off due to the water issue.

Front desk staff was cordial and helpful. One young lady helped us find a fun bar (The Neighbors Place...which I'm quite confident was the best thing going in Lynchburg on a Wednesday night) and I overheard another young man going out of his way to help a traveler find a hotel with availability...as the Springhill was booked, and for good reason.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear TeamW4,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your visit. I'm glad to read you had a good stay and would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused by the water issues- we appreciate your feedback should we encounter any similar issues in the future. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Our first impression of the hotel is that it is clean and the rooms are great. We loved having the separate family room area because we had a child sleep on the sofa bed and one in a crib. The breakfast was pretty good too but crowded. The front desk screwed up our reservation and so we didn't get the king bed we had reserved online but they knocked 25 percent off so it wasn't the end of the world. We didn't experience any issue with road noise as I have seen in some other reviews. We had a room on the back and my mom had one on the front and she didn't have any problems either. We would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear camcanknit,

Thanks for writing about your stay at our SpringHill Suites; I'm glad to read you had a clean, quiet stay and enjoyed your visit. I do apologize for the mix-up at check in, but am happy to hear our staff was able to resolve it to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay in Lynchburg! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here one night with a group and while the staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and roomy, my room facing the front provided me with a night of no sleep. It was cold so I turned the AC off and it felt like I was on the road which was only like thirty yards away. All night I heard truck brakes, and cars swishing by as if I was standing right on the curb. If yo have to stay here, get a room not facing the front and hope the train tracks in the back are not sued during the night. Also, TV did not work, nor did the alarm. What a bad location for a hotel. Will never stay her again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wallpa
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg Airport University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear wallpa,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay - while I'm glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful and guest room spacious and comfortable, I'm so sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations - we certainly understand the importance of a quiet stay and apologize that there was more traffic than normal during your visit. I will pass your feedback onto our team, and in the future we would be happy to accommodate requests to stay on the rear side of the property if available. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please don't hesitate to call me at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity on your next visit to Lynchburg to show why many of our guests love staying with us.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 2 October 2013

BEST HOTEL ROOM I have ever stayed in! Even compared to a 5 star! It had a separate living area. Also had sink separate from shower & toilet which is a perfect set up when you have more than 1 person staying in a room. My daughter and I stayed one night because we were there visiting Liberty University. I think the hotel is fairly new because the room was absolutely amazing. I stayed at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX and that room was no where near as nice as this one! I was totally impressed!

The breakfast area and the breakfast itself was superior to any other free breakfasts! I was so impressed with the variety and quality of the food. The area to eat breakfast was very nice and there was plenty of tables and space!

I usually have at least one thing to say about room for improvement, I can honestly say there was NOT ONE THING! The staff was helpful and polite, the facilities impeccable, and even the room scent they use for the hallway smelt amazing.

If my daughter ends up attending Liberty University, I know where I will be staying EVERYTIME!
Don't know how the cost measures up because I used my Marriott Rewards points to stay here. But, it would definitely be worth what they charge!!!!
The location was also excellent. Just very pleased. We didn't even arrive till 10pm, and to arrive with such a nice room, what a joy!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele L

Dear Michele L,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review of our hotel and we're very flattered to have offered the best guest room you've experienced. I'm delighted to read you had such a comfortable stay and we're grateful for your high ratings across the board. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait to see you during your next visit to Lynchburg!