SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg
US$138
US$107
US$103
TripAdvisor
All reviewssleeping areafront deskwafflesliberty universitynatural bridgeroad noisefront facingwould stay here againin townoutdoor poolbreakfast was includedsmall refrigeratorpull out sofacoffee makervisiting familyconvenient locationrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Rooms are clean, everything functions properly and a good place to stay , all employees seem to be extra friendly ,Staying there made our two night stay very pleasant and relaxing… a home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Roe D,

Thanks for reviewing our SpringHill Suites; I'm very pleased you had a great stay and found our guest service so friendly! It's also great to hear that we succeeded in providing a home away from home for you. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Check in was a breeze. Rental -room 208. Two beds + sofabed. Room was clean as was the bathroom. It included a mini refrid, microwave, coffee pot, desk, Wi-Fi. And there was doorbell outside of the room - First time I've seen that in a hotel. Breakfast was included (typical items: eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, juices, yogurt, coffee, muffins, and so on). Check out was a breeze. If in the area in the future, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear PWentsel,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay; I'm delighted to read it was a clean and comfortable one and that you enjoyed all of the amenities we offer! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Lynchburg! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, Kaitlyn (sp?), was very kind and pleasant. I was excited to see modern rooms, digital thermostat, plenty of outlets, and everything I look for in a hotel.

Unfortunately my stay wasn't great. The sheets on the bed do not reach the head board, so my shoulders were uncovered all night. At 7:30 in the morning, someone set off the fire alarm with the toaster. To top the cake, even though I went for breakfast at 9:00 (ends at 10:00), there was no oatmeal left. If there is no oatmeal, carb options go drastically down hill if you're even slightly health conscious.

If the fire alarm hadn't sounded, if I didn't like sleeping in a cold room wrapped in blankets, and if I'd gotten up earlier, this would probably be 4-5 stars. Those three things excluded, great stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SedoneStars
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Sedonestars,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel - while I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and found our staff friendly, I do apologize for the aspects of your stay that fell short of your expectations. If you would like to discuss further, please give me a call at the number below and I'd be happy to speak with you. Otherwise, I will pass your feedback onto our team for discussion - we definitely understand the importance of a well-stocked breakfast and use your comments in order to avoid similar issues in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity to give you a great stay when you're in town.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here while tripping through Virginia, and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The hotel was very clean and nicely decorated, and well worth the price. Our suite was spacious, quite comfortable for three, and nicely appointed. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Linda A,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our SpringHill Suites and hope you enjoyed exploring Virginia. I'm happy you had such a clean and comfortable stay and feel you received great value for your money. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit to Lynchburg!

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed two nights on business. I like the layout of the room, similar to Hyatt Place, where there's a separate sitting/work area and sleeping area. The area was under a "boil order" due to a waterline break. They gave out bottles of water, slipped warning notes under the door, and shut down water-consuming items like the ice makers. Certainly not ideal, but not their fault and well handled.

Breakfast was good, nice selections. No oatmeal the second morning, I wondered if it was because there was no water, but they could have used Aquafina. I think they also could have made accommodations for orange juice (like getting gallons at the grocery) since the dispensers were shut off due to the water issue.

Front desk staff was cordial and helpful. One young lady helped us find a fun bar (The Neighbors Place...which I'm quite confident was the best thing going in Lynchburg on a Wednesday night) and I overheard another young man going out of his way to help a traveler find a hotel with availability...as the Springhill was booked, and for good reason.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear TeamW4,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your visit. I'm glad to read you had a good stay and would like to apologize again for any inconvenience caused by the water issues- we appreciate your feedback should we encounter any similar issues in the future. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town!