“Closed”

Bull Branch
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Closed”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place closed down recently.

Was a wonderful place actually, the food was always great and the atmosphere was friendly.

We will miss it.

Visited December 2013

“a dive after five”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Heard some good music playing and paid 3.00 cover charge to hear them. Got inside and minutes later some weird looking unattractive older woman announced that she would be having a dance party and the musicians would stop so that people could dance. Well everyone then started leaving and I never did see the dance party just some older disco tunes playing pretty loud. No one dancing! Bathroom was dingy and not smelling nice. Food was served with burnt bread for hummus and goat cheese. This place was trying to be big city cool but the owner and place were pretty sad attempt. will not be going back!

• Visited August 2013
Lynchburg, VA
“Service not consistant”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I've enjoyed some great meals with excellent service at Bull Branch. And, I've had a few disappointing dining experiences there as well.
Most of the time, the staff is attentive and the food is excellent. But sometimes, like my last visit, the waitstaff can seem sort of "zoned out". My party of 4 left after waiting over 30 minutes and not even being served our drinks. And, no, the place wasn't at all crowded.
But having said that, I would add that I have had many excellent meals at Bull Branch in the past. Their food is almost always excellent, and they offer dishes that you can't get elsewhere in town. Nice atmosphere. Not a very good beverage selection though.

Visited February 2013
“Shabby Chic Bistro”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The definition of 'Bistro' is an apt description of this restaurant. The atmosphere is very cosmopolitan that takes one out of Lynchburg and into an old style European cafe. Downside is the restaurant is suited more for small parties of four. More than six and you'll take up over half of the place. My wife and I celebrated her birthday and was pleasantly surprised by the ambience and food. The steak was tender and grilled perfectly. Loved it. The fish taco was good. That's high praise coming from my wife. All together a romantic place for dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Good food, horrendous service...”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

After having been here a bunch of times, this last one really bummed me. This is usually my go-to place for great food, nice wine and a cool atmosphere. However, after this last time I'm not sure I will be back any time soon. First it was my birthday dinner and it was a theme night. So I had reservations. But we were running late so I called an the nice lady on the phone said no problem! We get there: they gave away my table. Then they seat is upstairs near the bar. No service for 15 min until I have to ask if we order from the bar. We do. We finally order and, I kid you not, 90 min later our first course comes out, missing a dish. Meanwhile wait staff take smoke breaks, as does someone from the kitchen. A couple seated way after us get served within like 10 minutes of being seated. I know it was busy, but its always that busy when I've been there and I've never had a night like that. The food is so good, it was really sad to have it ruined by poor service.