“Good food, except for the kulfi”

Milan Indian Cuisine
Ranked #38 of 312 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
North Haven, Connecticut
“Good food, except for the kulfi”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Having just returned from a trip to England, where I had some superb Indian food, I did not expect much from this restaurant in a southern town, but I was pleasantly surprised. Appetizer, main dish (lamb mango), and side dish (bhindi masala) were tasty and well prepared. The only disappointment was the kulfi I had for dessert, which resembled crushed ice and had little flavor, although it was nicely served. The restaurant, which does not look like much from the outside, is quite nice inside though a bit spaced out, not very cozy. Service was friendly and efficient. In fact, I think I have never received my main dish so quickly in any Indian restaurant I have been to, and I've been to many. I am not sure this is a plus point, but the food was very good despite the speedy preparation.

• Visited October 2013

Farmville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful Indian food!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Loved the lamb curry, naan and samosa! You could choose the heat of the dish, from mild to hot to Indian hot and my curry was medium, which was perfect for me. Service was outstanding and a lovely ambiance to the dining area. We went for dinner and was a great experience!

• Visited July 2013
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“An offering from the sub-continent in the middle of Virginia!”
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

A disclaimer... I am not Indian and don't eat Indian food!

I assume most of the folks that eat here also have a limited palate when it comes to indian cuisine, but I agree with most of the review. The service was attentive but not hovering, the decor is suprisingly nice even though its in a strip mall, and the food... is flavorful and way different.

Naan is awesome... I could pay $10 for an unlimited supply of this wonderful bread.

After the naan... There are really good vegetarian options and the dishes on the buffet turn over very quickly on a Sunday for lunch.

In our party, dessert was a highlight, but I am not a good judge bc I don't like rice pudding, but for people who like it, it has a nice spicy note with the coconut milk sweetness. The mango flan (that's what I am calling it) mixed with the rice pudding was really nice.

I would definitely go to this restaurant again! For a change of pace, go enjoy work Indian food in Lynchburg!

• Visited June 2013
Toledo, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Indian option”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The buffets are ok..not too great but not bad either. Food on menu is excellent especially the Kofta and Paneer Makhani. Garlic Naans are out of this world. Considering it is the only worth Indian restaurant in the town, it is worth it.

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Can't get enough”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great food & great service! Some of the best Indian cusine I have had the pleasure of tasting. The service is a step above the average, and the atmosphere is comfortable. Something on the menu for everyone. Look forward to many more visits.

• Visited April 2013