“a gem in Lynchburg!”

Ranked #15 of 313 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Description: Lynchburg's Premiere Indian-Mediterranean Fusion Restaurant. Taste homemade Indian and Lebanese food. Try our lunch buffet Monday through Friday. Many Vegetarian dishes. Menu includes Gyros, Hummus, Tabouli, Falafel, Baklava, Chicken Tikka Masala,Homemade Parathas, Biryani, Chai, Mango Lassi and the best Kheer (rice pudding).
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a gem in Lynchburg!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I have been to several Indian weddings and have had some amazing Indian food in my adopted city of Washington DC--Hot & Cold ranks up there with the best of the best. I was recently driving my grandfather of 96 from his home in Florida to my home in Washington DC for Easter. It was lunchtime and we were near Lynchburg...my grandfather wanted soup, and through a little internet sleuthing discovered Hot & Cold. Although my grandfather, more accustomed to out-of-the can soup and low-grade processed junk, has never had Indian food, I thought I would try to expand his tastebuds. Uday met us at the door and we had a lovely chat throughout our meal. The lunch buffet was excellent, and somewhat to my surprise, my grandfather loved the Spinach and tomato soup he ordered. What's more, he was even more impressed with the Kheer, which I convinced him would be a great counter to the spicy (for him) soup. Everything in the restaurant is home made from scratch, the way it should be! I never would have expected such a great little taste of India in Lynchburg, and Uday's hospitality put it over the top. I am not sure when I might get back to Lynchburg, but if I'm ever near by I will be sure to make a point of stopping in for a meal.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank 937Erik

San Diego, California
“excellent homemade Indian food”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What a surprise for us, traveling through Va. from the West coast, to happen on this superb food in the Hot and Cold Cafe and with a friendly chef, Uday. We ordered from the menu, dal with spinach was so good that we took home 2 orders for dinner. homemade chutney, rice vegetable patak, mango pudding. Many vegetarian items.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank suzanna n
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Best Indian food in town!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

this little hidden gem is amazing! Lots of vegetarian choices. the spiced tea is excellent hot or cold. the owner and staff are incredibly friendly and ghelpful if you are unfamiliar with Indian food or want to try something new. Uday's hot relish is amazing and worth the fiery risk. serivce is slow but worth the wait. the desserts are mind blowing.....home made mango ice cream is my favorite but the kulfi, mango pudding and baklava are all worth trying. The lunch buffet is a great value and a nice way to sammple what this lovely place has to offer.

Visited January 2014
Staunton, Virginia
“Delicious little find in downtown Lynchburg”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful! We found this restaurant using Trip Advisor. It is in the heart of downtown. It is small on the inside and they offer a buffet. We were the only ones in the place when we went which made me wonder if it would be good, but it was great! The owner came over and talked to us and he was super. Very friendly guy and very proud of his restaurant. Our waiter was also very good. There is street parking and a parking garage around the corner.

We each had the Egyptian wrap. It had falafel, tabouli and hummus along with lettuce and tomato wrapped in a tortilla. It was served with plain chips and a bowl of mixed pickles. We also had the raiata (homemade cucumber sauce) and dipped the home made pita bread in the sauce. It was great. We shared a dessert. I cannot remember the name, but it was deep fried cheese with sugar and honey syrup. Soooo good!!!

We look forward to returning when we are back in Lynchburg.

1 Thank dbae27
Virginia
“Flavorful! and most friendly host”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We were in downtown Lynchburg to visit some antique shops and happened to see this café on a side street. The host was very friendly and offered suggestions. When we chose the hummus, the host brought out a sample of the eggplant dip as well. The chef/host explained that he makes everything there. I wish we'd discovered the café a little earlier in the day -we would have surely enjoyed the buffet!

• Visited January 2014