“Great spot to stop”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great spot to stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

On our way through Virginia, my husband and I decided to stop for lunch in Lynchburg. We went to the downtown area and found this coffee shop and restaurant. It was full of young hipsters drinking coffee and playing games. The lunch and breakfast menu have a lot of great things on it. We enjoyed the farmers omelette and the mugwamper's brother sandwich. Everything was very good and I wish we lived nearby to enjoy it more.

Hampton, Virginia
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Went to visit our daughter at school and she took us here. The food was delicious and the coffee and tea was delicious. Will go back again!!

Yorktown, Virginia
“Quaint Coffee Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I love a good coffee shop & this is it! I had the waffles with bananas, some awesome spicy bacon, and a great cup of coffee! I will definately be back the next time I am in town!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank debbiejsj
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Heart of Lynchburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was a bit worried at first with the change in management, but I soon found that my worries were completely misplaced. The revitalized White Hart has much of the same charming atmosphere of before, but a heightened sense of customer-centric service. Although the food menu has seen a massive overhaul, I've found a couple new favorites. It might be just me, but it seems like the ingredients are of a much better quality than before. You cannot visit Lynchburg without stopping into the White Hart!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank kdsakas
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wacky Potatoes and other great things about White Hart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am a non-coffee drinker but this little gem of a place has quickly become my go-to restaurant in town since coming under new ownership and management.

The food is just so so good - tasty, creative, healthy, local! What more can you ask for? The veggie omelet with goat cheese and a side of multi-colored (aka "wacky") potatoes is off the hook. Others have mentioned the coffee roasted on site and I will add that they have a great selection of teas and a small and delicious variety of sweets. Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, dessert or just a hot beverage there is something worth discovering on the menu.

The atmosphere is a huge improvement over the former situation - the young staff are responsive, friendly, and eager to please - the music is mellow, and sunlight shines in the front windows and reflects off the cheery yellow walls. The back deck is great for star-gazing over your tea (or coffee) on warmer nights. You can often find the new owner, Abe Loper, on site chatting with the customers, open to thoughts and suggestions.

A visit to the White Hart is a must-do for all of my out of town friends and family, as well as a regular stop for me.

• Visited December 2013