“The legend!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Local Icon
Reviewed 26 July 2014

As a townie at Lynchburg College, my personal record was ordering 106 Regular Dogs from the Tea Room (Texas Inn) for a dorm outing. Many years later it is still safe to say that a trip back home is incomplete without a visit.

The staff is always hilarious, the food is The Legend, and knowing the code words to order helps speed along the process. (It is fun to watch and listen to newbies order.)

As they say "We sit 300, 13 at a time". But to get the experience, bring a friend and eat in.

Then, now and forever. The Texas Inn. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I moved away from VA 16 years ago. But every time we visit family in the Burg we plan alteast 2-3 trips to the Texas Inn! Home of the famous western, hotdog and bowl!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

They seat 15. That is it. They are very friendly. They are speedy. The place is clean. The food is good tasting....no frills...grease filled....yep. If they sold cold beer, this place would be paradise. It looks old like an old redneck dive. You will be glad if you try them....Hope I get to return.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I love this place. If you haven't had a cheesy western and a cheese dog, then you haven't lived. I take everyone i know that visits Lynchburg here!

1  Thank JPJcrazy
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Need I say more than "cheesy all the way" - a must in Lynchburg. I try to visit when I am in town. Probably not the best thing to eat for my health but hey, it's not everyday I can order a burger like this. There is nothing in the world quite like this place! It tastes even better at 2AM...

1  Thank YKL1