“Excellent food and service!”

The Ploughcroft Tea Room
Ranked #11 of 325 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Lynchburg, VA, this exceptional, authentic British tea room offers both lunch and afternoon tea. Open from Monday - Saturday from 11 AM - 5 PM. Now open on Sunday's for Brunch from 11 AM - 2 PM. Reservations highly recommended
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My experience with the Ploughcroft Tearoom is as a partially unwilling participant. This is my wife's favorite place to eat and I agreed to tag along on a Saturday afternoon. I expected a stuffy establishment with an older clientele, all donned with feathered hats. This turned out to be a fantastic afternoon. I ordered the cottage pie and it tasted like it came straight out of my mothers kitchen. We were seated at a private window table and were able to spend time after lunch with a pot of tea and scones. The staff was gracious, accommodating and never made us feel hurried despite being extremely busy.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

If you want a great meal with terrific staff, I would look no further than the Ploughcroft Tearoom. I ordered the Butternut Squash soup and it was absolutely wonderful. Also, the staff were second to none compared to any other restaurant that I've been to in Lynchburg. I would recommend making a reservation if you wanted a sure seat as it's a very quaint restaurant.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Ploughcroft Tea Room is a popular Lynchburg restaurant....that fills up quickly. I would highly recommend calling ahead for reservations as it appears to book up quickly. Every time I am in town, I enjoy the ambiance and the food at the ploughcroft tea room!

2  Thank Shelbie B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We used to visit a lot and from the beginning we could tell the staff was a bit grumpy but now it seems whenever we go in there they won't seat us, they seem to be always "booked" for the whole day, even though they have 2 tables taken. Overall the tea is good but it is overpriced and they are not very welcoming. I try to avoid them from now on.

1  Thank Jetjetex
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Wonderful afternoon tea in a nice setting. Best Scone I've ever had. The food great and the staff lovely. Treat yourself to the perfect afternoon. Friend and I shared the Elizabethan Tea and were stunned by the many beautiful offerings, all tasty and perfectly fresh. Make time for this while in one of the best small cities of the south!