“Not worth it!”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Not worth it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed here a couple months ago and while the room was just average and clean it is certainly NOT worth the $200 a night they are asking right now! I am sure they raised their room charge since they know it's family weekend at Liberty University in October and of course all other hotels are completely booked! VERY SAD of them to take advantage of people! I will save my $200 a night and drive in each day to visit my daughter!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We seldom stay at Sleep Inn hotels, but this one is an exception. it is on the top of our list when we stay in Lynchburg. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. An Applebee's is right next door, which is convenient. We didn't eat breakfast, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel employees were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean in the lobby, breakfast area, halls, and rooms. The continental breakfast was basic (cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt, pastries, etc. It's a very quiet hotel which I do like. You can't hear what's going on in the room next door. Will definitely plan to stay here again when I'm back in town!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank me514
Mannington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

This Sleep Inn offered a really remarkable continental breakfast, with hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal and yoghurt in addition to the usual breads and ready-to-eat cereals. The breakfast attendant was kind enough to offer me a tray when she saw how many items I was taking, and the maid actually dashed down the hall to open the door of my room so I wouldn't have to set the tray down. We will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thobby
David F, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We strive to deliver the very best with our location, staff, and facility. It was our pleasure to serve you while visiting Lynchburg.

Kindest regards,

Dave Francis
Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed there one night on my way to a job interview. Comfortable, clean, and an incredible shower. Next to an Applebee's as well. Very convenient. Pretty good breakfast as well. Nothing fancy, but it filled me up.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeanne G
Smithfield, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I spent one night here this week, was in Lynchburg to visit a friend. Comfortable and clean room. Great king size bed. Quiet. Good location. Right off the Lynchburg Bypass and near Highways 501, 29 and 460. A lot of shopping and restaurants nearby. Next door to Liberty University. For a quick stop, it worked fine for me and I would stop here again.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms here are good. I was on the first floor and it was quiet and no problems...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim4249541
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I found this to be a nice and typical Sleep Inn. The front desk staff was efficient. Plenty of parking. Right beside an Applebee's - literally walking distance. No fancy television, but works fine. Some of the curtains and comforter look outdated, but they still do the job. Hated the pillows - none were firm at all. I liked my room - it was comfortable and close to so much. The BEST cost for what you recieve in this area. Don't pay more.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business