“Great place for quick business lunch”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #212 of 320 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The new menu's are great - I tried the strawberry fields salad and it was terrific and tasty. We had the pretzels for an appetizer and they are an added plus to the menu. We have been there twice in the last month for a business lunch and we have had good, prompt service which allowed us to get in and out in a timely manner. Our server Krista was very attentive and helpful with suggestions and answering our questions.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Applebee's needs a little upgrading in general. 2 little older ladies were sitting near me and I heard them keep talking to the waitress with complaints. One was that they thought the chili was all you could eat. Then, they were not happy about the points system changing. Applebee's needs to just give everyone one low price daily. I was told the rice had no flavor, so I went with the chicken, spinach, and mixed vegetables. It was plated beautifully and the taste was good. I just know it was overpriced. It seemed pretty clean and the waitress was nice, but in a hurry to get rid of me after she received a very nice tip.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

In general I like this restaurant. The food is usually pretty good and the portions are very generous. My problem is this: over the years, I have found that their side items are greasy. Not a little greasy but for example, I got a side of vegetables and the oil coated the entire plate ruining half of my fries! It has been like this for years and actually, come to think of it, that's the reason I stopped going to begin with. After trying it again, years later, same thing. I asked the manager and he said that's how the vegetables come, with that "sauce" which is really some kind of flavored oil. I can't imagine they come that way. They were fresh vegetables smothered in an added sauce. Really gross.

I do love their Pick a Pair lunch special and their burgers are very good.

Just be aware that the vegetables are practically inedible.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

i've never been impressed with applebees, it's our last choice of restaurants when going out for dinner. they constantly change their menu and take off favorite items and the service isn't great. In particular, we went to the one in Bedford, VA and i found a WIRE in my mashed potatoes. When we told the manager, he tried to somehow make me think it was OK?? ARE YOU KIDDING?? No offer to comp our meal either. Haven't been back to that one.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Good food, good service, and good places to sit.
Staff check on you. Server helpful and willing to please their customers

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!