“Great pastries”

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pastries”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

While visiting Lynchburg I found this place and (based on the previous reviews) decided to check it out. It was a little bizarre because the shop was inside a small craft market and the service was odd. When I asked for a recommendation, the man refused to give me one and said I should buy one of everything if I couldn't decide. I chose an apple turnover which was really good and my friend got a bear claw which she enjoyed as well. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

• Visited March 2013

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Saturday morning treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have made this a part of our Saturday morning routines. Great danishes and Cinnamon rolls. It is also a great place to take a loaf of bread or baguette home for later in the day. Love that everything is fresh and family owned. Always a great time since this is at the Community Market. Seem to always meet up with friends.

• Visited March 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
“As good as Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

The baked goods are the best I've had stateside and rival any I've had in Paris. I love that it's a family business and everyone there treats you like family. It is a muct visit when you are at teh Community market.

Visited December 2012
Mountain Park, NC
“Don't miss it - get up early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

Too bad we only had one morning to choose something for breakfast. So many choices from a very busy baker with the extensive selection of breads, tarts, pastries and crepes. We got there early to avoid a line. Lucky Lynchburgers get to come all the time. Comfortable chairs and tables available in the Community Market so you can eat in!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Draftcross
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Fantastic Bakery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Located at the Community Market, it's a wonderful place to go for fresh baked breads, pastries, sweet/savory crepes. You can taste the real butter in the big, flaky croissants. There always is a line on Saturday mornings but it moves fast and you know people are standing in that line because they know the baked goods are worth it!

• Visited July 2012