“Best bakery in town”

Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 November 2013

A long like means that everyone shares this as a very positive experience. The lines are long on Saturday morning, but well worth the wait. There is no equal in town or anywhere nearby.

1  Thank Robert W C

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This is an incredible breakfast spot! Located in the heart of downtown Lynchburg and surrounded by the community Market maks this location unique. Come by and try a crepe!!

1  Thank austin h
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Community Market was so much fun...and getting such awesome pastries made it even better! The Hazelnut pastry and the Guava pastry were delicious!

1  Thank GenieAdams
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The visitor's bureau and Nate at the front desk of the hotel both recommended the Community Market and Nate said don't miss Lorraine Bakery. We were glad we got up early before the lines were too long, the crepes were to die for (bacon, egg and cheese and apples and walnuts just to mention a couple of combos).. I had a sticky bun and it was wonderful. Great place to people watch as well.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

While visiting Lynchburg I found this place and (based on the previous reviews) decided to check it out. It was a little bizarre because the shop was inside a small craft market and the service was odd. When I asked for a recommendation, the man refused to give me one and said I should buy one of everything if I couldn't decide. I chose an apple turnover which was really good and my friend got a bear claw which she enjoyed as well. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

Been to Lorraine Bakery? Share your experiences!