“Good BBQ and sides”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
“Good BBQ and sides”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My son is at Liberty. Dickey's has become a favorite for my family. I have tried many of their meats and enjoy them all. A favorite is the beef brisket chopped and the Spicy Cheddar Sausage. I also love the Fried Okra and Jalapeno Baked Beans. You get a very health portion of Fried Okra. The tea is good and refillable but boy does it hit your wallet. Kids eat free on Sundays and they have a Free Ice Cream machine for after your meal. What a way to clean your pallet. Four different BBQ sauces to choose from. I prefer the Spicy sauce. I recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jim C

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“convenient and good food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a chain restaurant that i have never heard off but i thought i would give it a try since it was right next door to my hotel.
I had the pulled pork with baked potato casserole and baked beans. The BBQ pork was very tender. I thought it tasted great, but i also piled my high with the house sweet and spicy sauce [excellent sauce]. The food server suggested that i try the backed potato casserole and it turned out to be a good choice. The beans were ok. The place was clean and the staff were very friendly.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Was in area for a couple of days and had a taste for BBQ. Big portions and good tasting. When in area I would stop again.

• Visited December 2013
Suffolk, Virginia
“Glad they're back”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We thought that Dickey's was gone from Lynchburg, VA. That was so sad to see them shut down back around Christmas 2012.
We stopped in Lynchburg to eat supper on our way home from vacation. This would be the last stop. We were headed for another restaurant when we saw that Dickey's was reopened. Needless to say we changed our plan and went here. We asked and found that they had a new owner and would be there.
This was great. We loved our pork and brisket platters. I had mine with fried okra and jalapeno beans (love those beans).
The food was wonderful. I wish they had Brunswick Stew.
The employees were friendly and nice to everyone.
I'd recommend anyone to stop here and we'll be back next time we pass through Lynchburg.

• Visited August 2013
Matoaca, Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Very good bar-b-que. Will stop there next time we go to Va Tech. The pulled pork was very tender. Cole slaw was tasty and liked the different sauses. Would like to try the ham next time.

• Visited April 2013