“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”

Good for: Child-friendly
Lake Luzerne, New York
“Wonderful Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I love family owned restaurants and the Monte Carlo is a great family owned Italian restaurant. The food was made with fresh ingredients including the Caesar salad dressing. The entrees came with both homemade soup and salad plus garlic bread for the table. Generous portion sizes, great value and a friendly staff made this a delightful experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2incollege

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I ordered a carry out spaghetti with meatballs and was surprised that the meatballs aren't really meatballs. It looks like a cut sausage that taste old and the sauce is too salty. Garlic bread is too thin and overcooked. It was my first time to try this restaurant and definitely wont go back.

Visited September 2013
Bergen
“Fairly consistently excellent...great value in any case”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've been to Monte Carlo probably 20 times over the past 8-9 years, and I don't even live in Lynchburg! I'd have to say I had a great meal all but maybe one time, a track record worthy of 5 stars. The owners are very nice people, the prices are still very low for the amount of food you receive (and you can take home the leftovers).

I understand many people in Lynchburg treat MC as a pizza joint. While I am sure the owners appreciate their business too, that's sad. I recommend taking a meal - for $9-15 somewhere you can have minestrone soup + a large cæsar salad + a decent-sized main course (incl. many meat dishes, but maybe fish is more expensive) + a side vegetable or spaghetti. The wine is reasonably priced. Italian desserts and cappuccino are on offer for dessert.

So I recommend this to people for a nice Italian meal, not just pizza (but, hey, I've had pizza a few times and that's great, too!) at a good price.

• Visited February 2013
“Just like Home (NY)”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is the best Italian in Lynchburg, we had a meal that took me back to my days when I lived about 4 blocks from "Little Italy" in Manhattan. We had mussels and calamari to start. My wife loved the eggplant parmesan, I had the gnocchi with a diavolo sauce the chef made by my request. Finished the meal with homemade tiramisu for desert.

Being a family run restaurant the service was great, and the owner checked with our table to see if everything was okay.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tony S
“Yuck”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This used to be a GREAT restaurant but it has really gone downhill, last time that we went we were glad we had a gift certificate so we didnt have to be sad that we spent money on the food. We wont be going back.

Visited March 2013