“Love it here”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Love it here”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Seeing all the animals that they have here are great. I LOVED the flying squirrel. I had never seen one before.

Visited April 2013

Jacksonville, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“best value for bday party”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

As this is a free exhibit don't expect over the top stuff, but they definitely have plenty of cool and educational things. I had my son's birthday party there in march and everyone loved it and it was very well done. They even provide the cake as well as some goodie bags and decorations. You have two themes to choose from. They did a great job on the party and all we had to do was show up! Most stress free party I've EVER done for either of my children. I think I paid $140 and we had quite a few guests. I definitely recommend to any parent of a child that's into science and critters!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank stacey f
virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Free exibit on bee keeping”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I liked taking my toddler there for a free exibit on bee keeping. We liked the iguana which was pretty much the largest animal there. The staff person spent a good bit of time answering my questions and allowing my child to touch things. The snakes, spiders,the guini pig and the squirl were memorable too. There are lots or educational toys in the gift shop, too. There is a public walking trail where city residents can rent a bike for free within sight of the venue which could be a good memorable outing. Ok, don't expect it to be the Smithsonian. It's a small city museum with lots of out reach programs to children.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank BthereandCit
jkoldtown
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“takes about 3 minutes”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very small, few creatures, didn't get to see the bigger ones...fine for young kids, 3-4, thankfully was only $1-$2. But not really too special.

Visited July 2012