“Better than expected ~”

Cuisines: Japanese
Big Island, Virginia
“Better than expected ~”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I had always been a little put off by the exterior...but it is said not to judge a book by the cover so... We(Hubby and I) went in today to give it a try. The atmosphere leaves a LOT to be desired when eating, but it was clean looking and the ppl very friendly- patient to explain some of the dishes we didn't know. We ended up kinda going with what we knew so we could judge by the taste expectations~ The salmon and tuna were very fresh and good, all veggies fresh and appealing and springrolls seasoned exceptionally well. I had never eaten a crepe before so I just went with a simple nutella one, very good! The hot green tea was a bit floral but still good. We will go back and eat there again and we recommmend it to others.

• Visited October 2013

Forest, VA
“Good Food, but Somewhat of a Dive and CHECK YOUR BILL!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A bit of a dive, but it became a favorite for several months. Food was good, prices fair and service was very friendly. The cleanliness level left a bit to be desired. The tables were always sticky, the furniture and restaurant interior was somewhat run-down. We started to phone in orders for pickup and the last time, our son ran in to get it. When he told me the total I realized it was about $15- too much. I phoned when we got home. The owner told me that some sushi prices had changed from the menu. My son had picked up a another menu on leaving and I pointed out that the current menu still had the old prices, but the owner didn't care. This wasn't the only thng, they'd taken it upon themselves to "upgrade" the chicken crepes we ordered (which just happened to cost a bit more). I was very surprised at the owner (who'd always seemed like a decent guy, was just very unconcerned and had such an "Oh, well" attitude). I won't fight the issue, but he's lost my business forever.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank A_Beauceant
Benton, KY
“Great little sushi place.”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Small sushi place with friendly staff. Good sushi and good price. We went because it is our 18 year old granddaughter's favorite sushi place to go.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Linda M
Lynchburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Going in, it was a good atmosphere with good customer service. I started out wth the Miso Soup, and it was some of the best miso soup that I have ever had. Next came my chicken crepe. I got mine with yummy sauce. I started out, and it was absolutely delicious. However, as I got further through, it turned into a pool of yummy sauce with just a little bit of chicken and lettuce mixed in. At that point, I could not stomach any more of it. The following day, I felt fine till about mid day. After that, it was all down hill for about 36 hours. So, in conclusion, ask for light on the sauce, and eat at your own risk.

• Visited September 2012
Lynchburg, VA
“An unexpected combination...but it works!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

In an unusual and unexpected pairing, Suzaku Cafe offers sushi and crepes. The chef, from Hong Kong, has been making sushi his whole life, but has also been intrigued by crepes. So the menu features sushi, more standard type crepes, and sushi crepes (These are a savory crepe with sushi fillings inside). The food is delicious and inexpensive, and the service is very friendly. The sushi is the best available in town, but the sushi crepes are my favorite... so unique and delicious. If you have a non adventurous eater in your group, the traditional crepes would be a good bet.

• Visited April 2012