Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Short staffed, anytime you call front desk the standard response you get is "I'm the only one here"
Non responsive, I stayed there for 8 days, when I asked for cleaning up the room (which was a paid service), I was told that the same needs to be checked with Manager
Irresponsible Leadership - The General Manager had no clues on fire inspection requirements though he stated he had 6 years of experience. Post the fire inspection the entire day we experienced muddy water and the response i got from the manager was "I cannot get into the pipe and fix it". I even escalated the matter mentioned in point (2) yet he paid no heed to it and the explanation he gave me was we don't provide free service before 7 days even after clarification that i'm ready to pay still no one came. When matters got worse i asked him to refund my money, i asked to vacate the hotel......
I was travelling with a 3 year old, had not been the case i would have immediately left that hotel
In any case it’s a lesson learnt, i would never ever stay in this hotel no matter what

Room Tip: You have better options than this hotel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Arun K

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My wife and I come up to visit our son at Liberty. Extended Stay is right there. The best part of our stay is the ladies that service the rooms. They were great. And also Jason the 2nd shift desk clerk. He was super friendly, nice and helpful. I give him a 5 star. He would answer questions and helped us get booked for a future stay. However I'm not so impressed with the day shift and one of the weekend girls. Its not a 5 Star but it was clean and Jason makes it better.

Room Tip: My wife prefers a room facing the college.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the courteous and accommodating service Justin and the housekeeping staff provided. Also, I am glad to know that the cleanliness of our hotel met your expectations.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean, nice size room with small kitchen area.
Room has extra desk and is very comfortable, and I'd recommend to anyone trying to stay for any extended time,
Bathrooms are a little dated, and in need of update.

Room Tip: Very reasonable pricing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Richard - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean, spacious room, especially the kitchen. As well, it is great to read that you liked the extra desk in your room and that you found our hotel to be so comfortable overall.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

If I had to describe Extended Stay America in Lynchburg with one word, it would no doubt be, "accommodating". I was in town was for repairs to be done on my truck, and they made my stay as hassle free as possible. The rooms were clean, and the staff welcoming, Whenever I travel next, I'll be searching out Extended Stay Americas in other cities besides Lynchburg. Very impressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

It is so rewarding to read that we were able to accommodate your needs while you were staying at our hotel. It is so great to know that your room was clean and that we made your time with us "hassle free".

Reviewed 9 August 2013

than enough, making the difference when you don't walk in and get Ritz Carlton or Conrad Hilton concierge but simply the geniunely, warm welcome after a long tiring drive; when you don't get Hampton Suites high-end surfaces or amenities but very fresh and clean; when you don't get cordon bleu but just simply healthy snacks to get your blood sugar leveled and your taste buds satisfied; when you don't get turned-down service but turned-up attention to even the smallest request. And, all of it at a reasonable price giving your wallet/pursue the needed chance to breath. So here's to the set of Double J's who made our stay, July 25-July 31, simply smooth in and out ---here's to Justin and Jasmine. Especially Justin, who's efficiency in helping us plan our stay during his lone hours on night shift weeks in advance, took the stress out of the details. And, this sixty-something couple, with grandchildren, certainly appreciated the "yes Ma'ms" and "no Ma'ms" that peppered his conversation. What! Unexpected charm. And, you get to thinking: maybe real southern hospitality, in a clean, family friendly facilty, at the affordable price is exactly enough of an answer to all that high-end, cordon bleu, turn-down I would have to pay for anyway. M/M S. C and J. O. Jones

Room Tip: Ask for Justin, Jasmine (and Teri) if you aren't blessed to get the General Manager first.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a such a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Jasmine and Justine, they are truly priceless. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Unbelievable value! I stay in the Lynchburg area once a week I always choose extended stay. Jasmine and Micheal at the desk are wonderful always kind and courteous! If you aren't staying here you messed up!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, especially Jasmine and Michael. I am so glad that they have continuously provided you with excellent customer service, and will be sure to share your kind words with them as well as the entire team.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

When we arrived for our stay at Liberty University, we were put in a smoking room which I did not book. Jasmine at the front desk was very accomodating. She put us in a non-smoking room as soon as it was available. The workers were very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that we were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.