“Friendly staff, convenient location”

Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd.
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I came to Lynchburg to celebrate a friend's birthday, so I decided to give ESA a try. The staff was friendly and helpful and my room was okay overall. I requested a nonsmoking room, but a faint odor of smoke hung in the air. If that does not bother you, it is a friendly, convenient place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 August 2014

It had the worst beds I have ever slept in. Went to Walmart and bought an air bed to sleep on. I needed internet and had to go to the front desk 3 times to get online. The kitchen was a joke. It was two burner stove, full fridge, toaster, sink and coffee maker. I had to go the front desk to get towels. I bought my own sheets so I could have clean sheets. Stayed here after a house fire.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginnyprince
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel is right across the street from Liberty University. The staff was super friendly, they were having some trouble with the computer and because it took so long to run our credit card they gave us a discount. The room was very nice and comfortable. We will stay here again when our granddaughter graduates from college.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the Extended Stay for five days as I had a class. Most of the staff was friendly however I was not happy with one of the staff members I talked too. I tried to explain that my room smelled musty, and the sheets were not clean! His response was that I could clean my room myself because they don't have maids to clean everyday. I understand this, but when a room is not clean from the day one arrives that's an unacceptable answer. I called later that day to say I'd like to cancel the rest of my nights and move somewhere else. I talked to Angela who said she'd resolve the problem. My problem with my room was sheets did not look clean, pillows had smudges on them, blankets had holes in them, towels had dye on them, carpets were not clean, walls had smudges, and the room smelled musty. For the amount of money I paid for almost a week I expected much better. Angela changed my room, and there was a significant difference. I appreciated the effort she put in to fixing my issues The new rooms sheets still didn't look clean, and pillows, and blankets looked tattered. All in all my experience was terrible! I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank rosebud1849
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Excellent staff. The two ladies at the front desk excellent, they both worked as a team to make my stay wonderful, made suggestions as to room options, they were quite knowledgeable and friendly upon arrival and upon exit. Room was nice and comfortable, everything 1 needed was available. Room was clean, quiet, bathroom very clean. Kitchen well equipped. A minute drive to Liberty University. I had a great stay and would highly recommend this place.
Needless to say I had a terrible experience at Wingate and walked out and came to this hotel instead. I am so glad I stayed at this hotel instead. It truly is an excellent hotel. Truly friendly and hospitable. Great hotel! Great people!

Room Tip: Staff very knowledgeable and willing and ready to help you choose the best room for you! If you hav...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate you posting a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly, knowledgeable staff during your visit with us. As well, it's great to hear that you found your room to be comfortable. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Won't make this mistake again. The bed was very uncomfortable, coffee maker didn't work, extremely rude front desk lady. In fact, she was so rude, although I planned to stay for two nights, I checked out after one and went to a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlie T
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stay at the Extended Stay America in Lynchburg several times a year. I was impressed with the staff from the very first visit. Everyone from the manager on down is very friendly and professional.
This is a great property run by great people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Lynchburg - University Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

John - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and professional during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.