“Friday Morning & Hungry” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 310 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Friday Morning & Hungry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My wife and I were returning from a vacation at Smith Mountain Lake and decided to stop at Cracker Barrel in Lynchburg. We found that this particular Cracker Barrel is a stand out from the others at which we have eaten. I'm not sure if the fact that we were really hungry had anything to do with our experience or not, but the food was tasty and well prepared. My wife had an egg and biscuit with crispy bacon and I had pancakes, 2 eggs over easy and crispy bacon. Much of the time when we ask for crispy bacon we have to send it back for additional cooking, not this time, the bacon was perfect. The coffee was strong but not bitter and the waiter kept my cup full (I really dislike having to track down my server to get a coffee refill). We each commented on how we enjoyed the food and service and would in all likelihood eat there again should we be in Lynchburg. All in all a step above most Cracker Barrel restaurants.

• Visited September 2013

Browns Mills, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Same as Others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I liked that our waitress was very good. We had a large group and everything came out correctly and delicious. I did not like the 30 minute wait (but that's standard when you have a group of 9). All in all, I would go back.

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Consistent Cracker Barrel Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

It's a Cracker Barrel. It's got consistently good food and service. You get what you expect, and sometimes when traveling that's just the assurance you need.

Visited September 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Food was average, but the gift shop is a dream!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We ate at the Cracker Barrel for the first time and, while the food was just average, the gift shop was simply charming. We spent almost an hour looking at the various items of merchandise on display there and came home with a couple of bags filled with small treasures which were both unique and reasonably priced. From old time treats and candy to decorative homey knick-knacks to jewelry, this lovely country-themed shop is a gem for all who enjoy meandering though aisles laden with fun finds for one and all.

Visited August 2013
“A big disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Meal was not up to normal Cracker Barrel standards. My party had steak (fatty and tough) and salmon patties (cold). Server was inattentive and silverware was dirty. A lot of little things added up to a bad experience. Fortunately, the manager was apologetic and we were not charged for our meals.

• Visited August 2013