“Great Food, Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arosto - CLOSED

Arosto
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: Arosto is not your average pizza joint. Offering the best in fresh ingredients. Gourmet salads, sandwiches and pizza. Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Great Food, Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Quite a pleasant surprise, the casual dining, fast food concept is a hit. Greeted with a welcoming, modern minimalist atmosphere, the sandwich/pizza restaurant provided a perfect location for business. With price points at $6.50 per plate, the meal had the appearance, taste and serving size with values much greater. I ordered the turkey sandwich which turned out to be one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. My client enjoyed one of the many pizza options which included grilled chicken and avocado. I tried a slice, as the pizza was more than he could eat, and the crispy crust complemented the superior ingredients perfectly. You will love the food, atmosphere, and speed of service.

Statesville, North Carolina, United States
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have tried pizza in many different places and this is one of the best. It is almost like another pizza place in Downtown Lynchburg. My family had the Margarita Pizza and I had the Pepperoni. Both were very good. We also liked the Cesar Salad. It was enough for 2 People. For Lunch it was just a little more expensive than it should be.

• Visited April 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Figuring out the menu”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Price: The price can get expensive for lunch if you're getting a pizza and a drink. My advice is to share a pizza ($8) and a side salad ($3.50) with someone. Otherwise the price is just too cost prohibitive for me to go there (I'm not a college student). When you walk in, you order at the register and they bring the food out to you.

Food: I've always loved their pizzas. They have an imaginative (but short) menu of pizzas, but you can always just make your own. I've tried their sandwiches too, and can recommend them. The white pizza can get a little greasy and hurt the roof of your mouth (hard to explain), but this wasn't a problem for the sicilian pizza that I got.

Atmosphere: Today we ate outside. The outside seating area is better than most places, with a somewhat private area, but you can look at the people coming out of McDonald's and their parking lot next door. Inside is really cool - whoever decorated this place is a genius because you can tell that they were imaginative with the materials they used, but they also used inexpensive materials to make a dining area that gives a good vibe, but is still functional for customers and easy to keep clean (I'm guessing).

Cleanliness: This is a real restaurant, by that I mean it's run by people that know how to run a restaurant. I've heard a rumor that these are the same people that own Waterstone pizza. Be sure to get yourself a plate at the drink station or you could eat from the pizza plate.

• Visited April 2014
“THIS is pizza!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

It's not perfectly round. There are bubbles and warts and places that aren't uniformly brown. It doesn't look like a commercial. What this is --is PIZZA, the way pizza is supposed to be. Crisp and chewy all at the same time, with every glorious imperfection giving praise to the hands that crafted it. We enjoyed a wild mushroom and a white pizza. Both were to perfection! Garlicky and cheesy--with just enough "stuff" to complement the crust, without overwhelming. Fair pricing, too. Yummy, yummy, yummy. This is almost "Pittsburgh good"--and for pizza, that's pretty high praise.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank dstclair
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fire baked pizza”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I asked the waitress for her recommendation. I had the Buffalo chicken pizza since the waitress said it was spicy. I am not sure I would classify it as spicy, it had been covered with tobasco sauce. The pizza crust was very cracker like, but in the end, being covered with tobasco just did not do it for me.