“Only for the milkshakes”

The Cook-Out of Lynchburg
Ranked #18 of 320 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I give Cookout 4 stars only because their milkshakes are the best in Lynchburg. I like that they come in one size, with one price. Usually Cookout is pretty crowded because of Liberty students (and their cheap prices), but I usually don't mind the wait. I do really wish they had better parking...it's always bumper to bumper!

As for the food....you pay for what you get. You pay cheap for cheap food. I don't come here for burgers or fast food, just because I'd rather spend a few bucks more and get something that tastes better. However, the restaurant is very clean and employees are friendly, which makes the usual long wait for milkshakes worthwhile!

There are newer reviews for The Cook-Out of Lynchburg

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This place is always busy. There is a reason for that. Don't let the fact that there is a long line deter you. Their lines always move quick! Where else go you go get a .99 cent BLT that is loaded with bacon? This place is consistent, too. I recently tried their shake with pineapple and banana and asked for them to add a little chocolate. It was awesome! None on in my family of 6 has ever complained here. My children like to get the box. Everything seems pretty clean too, which is a major plus!

1  Thank travelqueen03
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Cold slaw excellent, BQ excellent. Onion rings excellent, generally clean and well prepared food. I double on the Slaw with the BQ plate. ifn u like ENC BQ the is best other than Smithfields!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The sandwiches are Ok.. nothing else .If you like sandwiches that are on the cheap side and have bad quality,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had no dislikes for this restaurant. Everything was great from start to finish. Product, value, service, atmosphere, restrooms, location..........you name it - it was great. Really liked the everyday special they offer for a low low price that allowed me to mix and match from a list of about 10 different food items........I got a very good BBQ sandwich, hush puupies, french fries and a homemade strawberry and banana milkshake. My wife chose a nice thick cheeseburger with all the topins, a corn dog, french fries and a peanutbutter and chocolate shake. Our daughter of course had to have a chillli dog, chicken nuggets, fries with a peanutbutter and banana shake. Grand total was less than 20 dollars.......keep in mind almost a dollar more per person for the shakes instead of soda with the deal.