“Great hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Northport, Alabama
“Great hotel.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here on a business trip. The staff members are all friendly and helpful, all of them. The room I had was very large, clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean as well. The decor of this converted shoe factory made for restful experience.
I will likely return to the area for a personal vacation and stay at Craddock Terry hotel. I'm sure my wife would like it even more than I do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Loved this hotel...staff is great and the building/theme itself is very cool. Could spend all day just meandering around checking out everything. Loved the two adjoining restaurants - very convenient. loved the accessibility of the trails nearby and that we could use the bikes.

We stayed in a suite and it was beautiful! Loved the high ceilings and the beautiful bathroom. Had everything we could have needed.

Our first night was excellent! Nothing to complain about.

Second night - ugh. Woke up to it being hot. When I went to the A/C to turn it down I realized it wasn't working. Since there were 3 others in our room I was torn whether or not to call about it - as I didn't want to wake the others. As I laid awake (cause I was too hot to sleep) the fire alarm went off. At that point we were concerned since the A/C was off that perhaps there really was an electrical issue. We left the building and after about 5+ minutes of the alarm - it turned off. Upon return to our room we tried to call the front desk to check on the reason of the alarm and report the A/C issue.... But now our phone was out too. So we went to the front desk. We were told that maintenance had done something to the AC and they knew it was out. "Sorry for the inconvenience" was all we got.

At some point the AC did begin working again - but about 1/2 our nights sleep was shot due to being uncomfortable, leaving the building due to the alarm - then just being aggravated. And then the next few hours (so it seemed) we could hear maintenance workers in the hallways likely working on whatever issues was going on. And unfortunately they weren't speaking in volumes that reflected it was the middle of the night!!!! You would think they would at least speak quietly knowing people were TRYING TO SLEEP!

We were provided no concessions to our inconvenience. Just a sorry. Had this not have happened - this hotel would have received 5 stars from me - but I just don't feel they handled the issue very well. Someone stays at a hotel to sleep - and we didn't. We paid good money for our suite - but I guess having a good night's sleep was not important.

Definitely left me bitter. I would love to say I would return next time I'm in Lynchburg - but now I am not so sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank TravelerVAVA
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am a big fan of the hotel and stay there when I am in town; but when I went to reserve a room for one night in August, they turned me down, demanding a three-night minimum. Needless to say, I am disappointed with a policy that--unless there is some other rationale--speaks of greed rather than a traveler's needs. Shame.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Fantone W
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely hotel with gorgeous rooms that have very high ceilings and comfortable beds. The hotel is in an historic building that was once a shoe factory, hence the theme with the big red shoe on the sign. I love the breakfast delivered in a shoe shine wooden box kit. It's cleverly cute and the breakfast is very good. It has juice, cheese, fruit, a croissant and maybe more in there but I can't recall. There's a great coffee maker in each room and a fridge. I did find out there was a better rate on my room that they didn't offer me. That made me mad. The lobby is open and inviting and the restaurants, two of them, are excellent. The hotel is in walking distance to the river walk, other restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a better rate. They might say no but it does not hurt to try. Not sure if all rooms have hig...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank allnamestakengeez
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel in a former shoe factory makes you feel special the moment you walk in the door. The room was spacious, well decorated, and the bathtub superb. We enjoyed placing our gourmet breakfast order in the shoe shine box left on our bed. It was fun to see the different shoes on each door on each floor! We enjoyed a tasty elegant meal next door in Shoemakers restaurant. I would recommend this place highly and plan to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I wanted to treat my husband to a weekend to celebrate his 50th birthday.OMG this hotel is mind blowing.The building is simply beautiful, it use to be a shoe factory, so there are all these cute little shoes every where. There are shoes on the room doors, shoes embroidered bathrobes , and souvenir shoe embroidered hats and Polk shirts. Everything screamed elegance and class. The staff was professional, and courteous. We simply loved our stay here. You will not be disappointed! A. L. & CTL

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela L
Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding reception here and was impressed with the beauty of the hotel and event center and with the quality of the staff. The food was delicious and the reception room was elegantly decorated. I wish I had stayed in this amazing-looking hotel!

Stayed June 2014