Craddock Terry Hotel
US$103
US$112
US$125
US$149
All reviewsshoe factoryshoe themeboutique hotelhotel doghigh ceilingsshoeshine boxexposed brickjames rivercontinental breakfasttrain whistlemain buildingred shoewaterstone pizzabuster brownbreakfast deliveredturn down servicedowntown lynchburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2011

The rooms at the Craddock Terry are beautiful with massive wooden beams and stone accents. The adjacent Shoemaker's restaurant and brew pub provide ample, affordable dining options.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manzo_jj
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Based on all the reviews I read I booked the CT hotel and was really looking forward to staying here. It totally met my expectations. The desk staff was very friendly and the lobby was inviting. Our well-appointed room was so nice, warm, cozy and sophisticated. The beds were very comfy--SO important to me. It wasn't at all "cookie-cutter" like most hotels. It was trendy and charming. We did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment--but it smelled really good.

My only disappointment was with breakfast. So many people raved about it but I don't know why. The shoebox idea is a cute one, but not practical. Since the breakfast items are all inside the box the cold juice just makes the bagel (what I chose) cold. Who wants a cold bagel? They were very willing to toast it for me (and replace my brown banana) but I think they need a new system. The desk manager completely agreed and said she is working on getting that practice changed.

I would gladly stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lkloc
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I will come back for a personal trip. We came here for a work conference and LOVED it. The staff is friendly, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable, food delish and the micro-brewery was nice. The decor is very chic.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Once again I experienced a wonderful stay at the Craddock Terry Hotel. My daughter is a college student in Lynchburg and this trip was to be with her on her birthday. Our room was decorated beautifully, very large, and very clean. The staff was wonderful with every encounter. There are two restaurants at the hotel (Waterstone and Shoemaker's) and we had an enjoyable dinner at both over the weekend.The staff at the restaurants were especially nice too.

Other amenities I loved: Keurig coffee maker in the room, free and close parking, very large bathroom with big tub, wonderful bedding, FREE delicious breakfast delivered to our room (in a shoe box!), FREE morning newspaper, FREE high speed internet connection, and the new flat screen tv.

There are many hotels in Lynchburg but we can't imagine staying anywhere but Craddock Terry.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We have stayed here several times and love it. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are very comfortable and roomy. The hotel, converted from a a shoe factory, is very unique, with a shoe-themed whimsical air. There are heavy curtains in the rooms that you can draw for sleeping in, when needed - a nice touch. Otherwise, the large windows let in sun and views of Lynchburg. The bathrooms are large and modern. A continental breakfast is delivered to the room each morning, (!) and coffee makers are included with coffee provided. Everything spells comfort.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple