“Outstanding!”

Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Forest, VA
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We try to come here at least once a week. The food is always hot and prepared well. I haven't had anything on the menu that was bad. The Orange beef is great. Also get the Hot and Sour Soup each time I come in. I usually have it extra spicy. The portions are filling. Staff is always attentive and friendly. Mostly, we eat in for lunch, but occasionally we will order for take out. For my taste, best Oriental food in Lynchburg!

• Visited January 2014

VA
“Best Chinese Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is our favorite Chinese restaurant in Lynchburg. Everything we have had there is excellent. All of the food at Eastern Gourmet tastes like it is made from scratch. So do not come expecting egg rolls to taste like the frozen ones that you get at the other Chinese places or the soup to taste like it come from a can. Everything is fresh and yummy. It is a small and cozy place for eat in and does a great takeout and delivery as well.

• Visited November 2013
Big Island, Virginia
“mmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I had the orange beef - YUM! it was a midweek lunch visit, was not crowded and atmosphere was very pleasent. food was fast delicious and plentiful! Staff was very pleasant and on top of things without hovering. Will def be going back and certainly reccommend it to all!

• Visited March 2013
Lynchburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Worth The Money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

I tried the sweet and sour chicken and it was overcooked and tough. The breading was very heavy and hard and the egg roll was the worst I've ever tasted. I literally have no idea what was in it but the aftertaste was terrible. It was not worth the money in my opinion. I got the combo and there was hardly any rice in it. My friend ordered the sesame chicken and it was swimming in sauce and the broccoli at the bottom was soggy and wilted. This was not worth our money and we will not be coming back. The only good thing was the man on the phone was nice and the delivery was timely.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CFH1080387
Bedford, Virginia
“Overall happy with this place, although food was different from what I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is by far the nicest take-out Chinese place I have ever seen. They even have a few small tables, and a couch on which you can watch TV. Five-stars for the atmosphere, and the service is extraordinarily friendly, and prices are reasonable. The food was good, but not what I am used to. It seemed to be heavy with what I believe was either soy or teriyaki sauce. Not complaining, just noting it. I know Americanized-Chinese food varies from region to region, and even restaurant to restaurant. My recommendation....give it a try, and decide for yourself. If you like it, you will have a nice, new place to eat.

• Visited August 2012