“Feels like (a former Randolph College President's ) home”

The Residence Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynchburg
The Residence Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Lynchburg B&B and Inns
derry, nh
“Feels like (a former Randolph College President's ) home”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My husband and I visited Lynchburg to check it out as a possible place to retire next year. The Residence Inn is in a great location to scout out the area. It is in a very walkable area near Randolph College. Our room was very comfortable and charming as was the rest of the Inn. JoAnne provided us with the most wonderful breakfasts each morning, served under the most gorgeous chandelier! She also provided us with ideas on where to search for our potential next home and also dinner ideas. George is a talented musician and, well, just be sure to brush up on your 50-60s music, because there will be a test! They provided us with bicycles to explore the Blackwater rail trail, which is just beautiful. We enjoyed hanging out on the large back porch most afternoons after exploring the area. We certainly enjoyed our stay here. We couldn't have asked for more congenial hosts.
Allyn and Suzanne

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We had 2 lovely nights with George and Joanne every thing was just right and breakfast was very good. The hosts were wonderful as I had booked the wrong dates and they changed with no fuss and even gave us a free upgrade. We were made very welcome and had a lovely time

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 3 June 2010

My wife & I spent 4 wonderful nights at The Residence (Pearl Buck Room) and we have only the fondest memories of the accommodations, of the hosts, and of the breakfasts. I simply could not have accomplished what i needed to in the Lynchburg area without their kind assistance. They went far-far beyond what anyone has a right to expect along these lines--what bright & happy people to be around!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Metro New York City
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I needed someplace to stay for a quick overnight business trip and The Residence happened to be an excellent location for my needs. But what a nice surprise that it also was such an good place to spend the night, relax after a long trip, and get ready for my meetings. JoAnne & George were accommodating, helping me with transportation from airport and info on an area, which I knew very little about -- but they also gave me the space to work when I needed to. Breakfast was excellent and JoAnne sent me off on my return trip with a bag of home-baked cookies. What else could one want--other than more time to enjoy the area and the B&B? :-)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank WorldSojourner
caribbean
Reviewed 29 August 2009

If you want the personal touch, this is the place for you. It is not like any other ByB, It is like going home…
Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence ByB. My daughter is a new student at Randolph College. We chose The Residence because of its location to the college, right out of the back door. Little did we know what a wonderful experience was awaiting. The home is spacious and immaculate. The décor is beautifully appointed yet homey and comfortable. Breakfast every morning is chef quality but the mouthwatering blueberry pancakes are scrumptious! Forget your diet! We kept begging the hostess to make more. The hosts, George and Joanna, are the most professional, caring and delightful, couple that you will ever meet. They truly open their home to you. Your comfort is their aim. Joanna especially puts a whole new spin on the professional homemaker. My daughter enjoyed the hosts so much that when she gets home sick she goes by to visit. Thank you Joanna and George, you set the mark for the best, you spoiled us!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank theredhat
OH
Reviewed 9 August 2009

What a great visit, we will be back.
The home is spotless, the beds are very comfortable, the food was excellant ! and the company is very warm and friendly.
God bless you George and JoAnne

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OhVerda
Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I stayed at the Residence as a last minute plan when a friend I was supposed to stay with was ill. What a wonderful time I had! The hosts were so friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was visiting friends rather than a business. My room was beautiful (and I loved the piece of chocolate on my turned down bed). George and I played some music together. JoAnne made a delicious breakfast (I felt like a princess eating in the dining room with such a beautiful setting) and had a little bag of homemade cookies for me to take with me. They let me use their bike and the nearby bike trail was so much fun.!!! Can't wait to go back and visit again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo