The Residence Bed and Breakfast
US$103
US$112
US$138
US$108
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2009

I needed someplace to stay for a quick overnight business trip and The Residence happened to be an excellent location for my needs. But what a nice surprise that it also was such an good place to spend the night, relax after a long trip, and get ready for my meetings. JoAnne & George were accommodating, helping me with transportation from airport and info on an area, which I knew very little about -- but they also gave me the space to work when I needed to. Breakfast was excellent and JoAnne sent me off on my return trip with a bag of home-baked cookies. What else could one want--other than more time to enjoy the area and the B&B? :-)

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldSojourner
Reviewed 29 August 2009

If you want the personal touch, this is the place for you. It is not like any other ByB, It is like going home…
Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence ByB. My daughter is a new student at Randolph College. We chose The Residence because of its location to the college, right out of the back door. Little did we know what a wonderful experience was awaiting. The home is spacious and immaculate. The décor is beautifully appointed yet homey and comfortable. Breakfast every morning is chef quality but the mouthwatering blueberry pancakes are scrumptious! Forget your diet! We kept begging the hostess to make more. The hosts, George and Joanna, are the most professional, caring and delightful, couple that you will ever meet. They truly open their home to you. Your comfort is their aim. Joanna especially puts a whole new spin on the professional homemaker. My daughter enjoyed the hosts so much that when she gets home sick she goes by to visit. Thank you Joanna and George, you set the mark for the best, you spoiled us!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank theredhat
Reviewed 9 August 2009

What a great visit, we will be back.
The home is spotless, the beds are very comfortable, the food was excellant ! and the company is very warm and friendly.
God bless you George and JoAnne

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhVerda
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I stayed at the Residence as a last minute plan when a friend I was supposed to stay with was ill. What a wonderful time I had! The hosts were so friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was visiting friends rather than a business. My room was beautiful (and I loved the piece of chocolate on my turned down bed). George and I played some music together. JoAnne made a delicious breakfast (I felt like a princess eating in the dining room with such a beautiful setting) and had a little bag of homemade cookies for me to take with me. They let me use their bike and the nearby bike trail was so much fun.!!! Can't wait to go back and visit again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank BanjoGalVirginia
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We arrived at Lynchburgh station and George had kindly agreed to meet us at 10pm to take us to the B&B. He even took our bags up to our room. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We were offered drinks before retiring and shown the room where drinks and snacks were available. The following morning we had breakfast in the very lovely dining room. George entertained us with his very interesting stories and information. He could not be more helpful. We took out the bikes for a ride. It is well worth doing this. The bike route is absolutely stunning. George then kindly drove us to the airport to collect our hire car. I cannot say enough about George and his hospitality. It is worth staying here just to meet George. He is so friendly and helpful and went out of his way for us and we only stayed one night. Don't miss staying here if you want to meet a true American! The room was stocked with lotions and snacks, water, etc. the only drawback was you could hear the traffic if you had the window open but it was only slight. Frankly, meet George and this becomes completely irrelevant! He is a great guy!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple