“Miss The Residence B&B Already”

The Residence Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lynchburg
The Residence Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Lynchburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2007

Staying at the Residence B&B was a delight beyond delights. This was on our third night on our 10 day vacation visit and we arrived feeling tired and sick (my husband that is). Nobody wants to be away from "home" when you feel puny.

As we got out of our car, we were greeted by the warmest man, George, our lovely innkeeper. My husband retired to our room to sleep as I visited with George. I could have talked his ear off and probably did.

Both George and his wife did everything possible to make our stay as pleasant as possible considering how sick my husband was.

I know many people talk about the food, the lovely B&B decor, and the hospitality. All of these things could not have been any better. The Residence Inn was not just a Bed & Breakfast, it was a "home" to a sick traveler and his wife and I credit this to the Innkeepers.

Sympatico my friends. We hope to visit you again and this time in good health :-)

Yours Truly,
Heather & Mike

• Stayed: May 2007

Reviewed 19 January 2007

I appreciate the hospitality of the Residence. George was a great bike tour guide, and I really enjoyed seeing Lynchburg that way. We were in Lynchburg for a wedding, and I was suprised at how much I enjoyed the city.

The location of the Residence is convenient. We went to Appomatox Court House, Monticello, and back to DC. Everything was a close drive.

The location of the Residence is perfect in Lynchburg, I like the restaurants/pubs that are within walking distance. TC Trotters/Shads has a great crabcake sandwich (less than 5 minute walk from the B&B).

I'm not really a B&B guy, I prefer hotels, but there aren't really any nice ones in Lynchburg. So, I went to this site and I'm really glad that we stayed here. The personal touch made the trip special. Their hospitality is amazing.

Plus 70 degree weather in early January makes it perfect for the Blackwater Creek Trail. I also enjoy the Riverside Park, which is close the Residence as well.

Take advantage of the biking and conoeing that they offer. No hotel can compare to these "free amenities".

Stayed: January 2007
1  Thank pedrothelion
Reviewed 26 December 2006

My husband and I were visiting friends and stayed overnight in the lovely Pearl Buck Suite. I only wish we could have stayed a few more nights to enjoy relaxing by the fire, reading in the many lovely common rooms, another delicious breakfast, and the opportunity to explore more of Lynchburg. The Residence is pristine, welcoming, beautifully decorated, conveniently located, and very comfortable. The hosts have thought of everything! We especially appreciated the beauty of this historic property and the warmth of owner JoAnne Caylor.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 October 2006

This is our first time staying at any bed & breakfast and as such we were a little hesitant as to what to expect. Joanne and George made us feel at home instantly providing extras like bicycles to ride the great trails of Lynchburg and even the way to get the bikes to the trail entrance. We were greated warmly each morning with a tremendous breakfast and true southern hospitality.
We were visiting our daughter who is a student at nearby Randolph-Macon Women's College and were fascinated to learn about the history of the house we were staying in, to think that many notable persons had been entertained and stayed in RMWC's President's house.
Our room was clean, comfortable and felt like home. We had our own private bath and access to an adorable second floor back porch. There were always sodas, coffee or tea available and chocolates on our turned down bed when we arrived home in the evening.
For the tremendous service and hospitality, the wonderful breakfasts and the cordial host and hostess this bed and breakfast is an outstanding value. We can't wait until the next college event so we have an excuss to visit The Residence again.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed 16 July 2006

The Residence was awesome! We enjoyed our beautiful room and accomidations, including the delicious breakfasts! George and Joanne are delightful people - making our stay very pleasant and relaxing. We certainly will try to stay with them again to enjoy their wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2006

If you are looking for a quiet place and friendly hosts, The Residence Bed and Breakfast is a great choice. George and JoAnne are very kind and go out of their way to make you feel welcome in their home. Though a bit pricey, you will not regret a stay at this charming home.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank melaniecjohnson7
Reviewed 28 December 2005

Our family of 4 visited The Residence on Christmas Eve for our stay of 2 nights. We were warmly greeted by JoAnne and George. They shared with us many "extras". They made us comfortable by providing snacks, movies, directions, internet service, and cookies "for the road". Our breakfast was delicious and we left The Residence knowing we had made new friends in Lynchburg. It was an experience of true Virginia hospitality!!

Stayed: December 2005