“What a surprise!”

Blue Marlin Seafood Market & Deli
Ranked #149 of 321 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

I went here for lunch with a party of five and we all opted for fish sandwiches. Two swordfish, one blackened and one grilled. Two tuna, both grilled. One grilled haddock. Everyone thought that it was the best fresh fish sandwich they ever had! Just a hole in the wall but they can fix a great fish sandwich.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

I moved to Lynchburg, VA from another state, to be near my Grands. I have never been able to find Hard Shell Male crabs here to satisfy my craving, which was acquired on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Until Wednesday July 10th of this year. After a disastrous bussel from Chesapeake, VA , while visiting my Granddaughter, I had still not satisfied my craving, because all of them were females, and not to my liking. 15 years of being deprived of my love for Male Hard Shell Crabs, I finally found them! Thank you Blue Marlin, now all you need is some Eastern Shore of Maryland Seasoning, (luckily, I had some) and never change your supply, and I will be a happy 'displaced person' here in Lynchburg. Now do not re-locate to a high rent district. Your prices are a tad on the high side as it is!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had lunch at the Seafood Market twice this week. The food was so good I went back again while working in Lynchburg. Waitress was nice, and friendly. She kept the tea filled and check on us a couple of times. Fish was great, fried shrimp Po-boy was great and the Iced Tea fresh. I be back next time I'm in town. Simple interior and clean.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Go there....enjoy fish tacos or crab legs...sitting with everyone at one table is how is should be. Excellent, and get it to go.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Great little hidden place to pick up some great sea food items. Crab Cakes are wonderful along with shrimp poor boys, fish sandwiches and seafood salad.