“Unique atmosphere”

Depot Grille
Ranked #3 of 327 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at the Depot. The service was good and the server very pleasant. Our food was excellent. My husband and I like our prime rib exactly the opposite. He likes his WELL done; I like mine med rare. Our meat was perfect. We will go again when we are in town.

1  Thank Djurenas

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was recommended by our hotel and we went in with great expectations. The service was so bad it pretty much ruined any chance of enjoying dinner. My husband said his catfish meal was good, but we had to ask for every little tiny thing. Like water, tarter sauce, another beverage etc. Dining out costs money and I dislike paying for lousy service. Too bad, the place has a great theme with it being an old train depot.

2  Thank styx-stones
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very cool place and friendly staff although a certain bartender was really, really slow in taking our order and getting our food out to us. We usually sit at a table and will do that from now on. The food is really good. Their fried oysters are great and the steaks are good but I think the servings could be just a tad larger for the money.

1  Thank allnamestakengeez
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere of the train station...and trains come by on a regular schedule! Food was very good. Would definitely go back again!

1  Thank DEBBIE D
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I toke my family to The Depot Grille and was expecting a very nice meal. I was so disappointed!!
I ordered the Ribeye (mostly gristle), and my wife ordered oysters (a lot of breading and not much oyster). Avoid these 2 items on the menu!
The other 3 entrees were very good, Breaded Catfish, Chicken tenders, and a filet, all very nice.
Our waitress, Taylor was excellent, and the atmosphere was wonderful.
The Dark Star Stout was very good, and I just wished I had a nice steak to go with it.

2  Thank rlong312