“Never Again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Virginia
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2008

We booked online, but only for one night so we had to pay the regular price for a second night. That price was nearly $20 more. Being on a very tight budget we sucked it up, their was nothing more we could do. Our room was, shall we say, less than nice. Peeling wall paper, a broken door (we finally figured out that pushing the handle up instead of down would cause it to open) when we opened the door a piece of the trip came off, we kicked it back on. The light in the bathroom broke on our second day. The fan in the bathroom was broken which caused the whole room to become moist and foggy. I flushed the toilet while roommate was in the shower, the water cut off while the toilet filled. The cable only showed half the channels, the other were too distorted. The shower floor moves! And, there was red all over the wallpaper in some areas, but not in others. Scares me a little. Even though the room was non-smoking, it smelled awful. Probably because the rooms are connected via an attic.

The air conditioner was cool, and the internet worked - I will give them that.

My recommendation, sleep in your car or something.

• Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Central NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2007

One of the absolute worst hotel experiences I have ever had - and that includes in third world countries. Mold, filth beyond description, broken door locks, sticky and stained carpeting, damaged interiors, etc. The pictures speak for themselves! The discolorations you see are all dirt and stains and sticky crap (not just worn and stained but three dimensional filth). Take special note of the broken door locks - including the connecting door with the next room. I think they filled it in with blue play doh or gum or something. The "management" on site could care less, simply saying they would "let the maintenance guy know". I sent two emails directly to the Knight's Inn feedback address and never received a reply. Atrocious facility, atrocious customer focus. Run for your life - literally!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Absolutely everything
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2007

I do not want pick the first choice, but my rating is definitely not OK. I had to refuse the first room because the door had been kicked in and could not be closed securely. In the second room I found the security-chain alternative device was held to the door frame with only one screw. For twenty minutes I listened to hammering in the next room as makeshift repairs were being made to that door. Meanwhile in my new room I had to dispose of a large insect roosting on the night stand. I could not see nor catch the whining mosquito but it only buzzed me once. The floor creaked badly in multiple places. The sheets were clean but the blanket looked very crumpled and suspect, so I was glad not to need it. Taking a shower was like standing on a water bed, such that I could hardly keep my balance, because a quantity of water underneath the fiberglass tub would rush left and right as I shifted my weight from foot to foot. The manager was welcoming upon my arrival, as on my several prior visits, and he thanked me in the morning for my plumbing report.

• Liked — Knowing in advance where it was and remembering staying there several times before
  • Disliked — Getting too run-down
  • Stayed September 2007
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2007

I was calling around last February and the Knights Inn was recommended by another motel that was sold out. I called in the evening and booked a room with 2 double beds and a fridge for $45 a night. When we arrived we got the last room available with no fridge. We were there for an event and didn't plan on spending much time in the room. It was dirty with trim and wallpaper loose. There was a plug hanging out of the wall and a fairly thick layer of muck on the A/C. We consoled ourselves that it was tolerable for the low price. We stayed 4 nights. When I checked out the bill came to $300.00. I was told $69.99 a night is the regular rate. I told the Mgr that I had been told $45 when I booked the room. He was pretty rude and told me that was the regular rate and he wouldn't do anything. We have filed a protest with the corporate office and the credit card company. The website even gives rates in the 40's. This was a total rip off.

• Liked — It was available
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Craddock Terry Hotel
#3 of 23 in Lynchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.

Been to Knights Inn Madison Heights Lynchburg? Share your experiences!