“Beware and Call Ahead”

Knights Inn Madison Heights Lynchburg
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We arrived and they claim Expedia messed up the reservation.
Call ahead to make sure they don't give you a single instead of a room with 2 double beds. It may not have been their fault, but we paid more so we didn't have to put 3 in one bed! Next time I'm bringing my tent and finding a campground.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Madison Heights Lynchburg

Reviewed 7 June 2010

Myself and my family were totally disgusted by the upkeep of this hotel/motel. We were given rooms that smelled awful, they smelled uncleaned, the bathrooms were not clean, we had to have housekeeping to come and clean the bathrooms and spray the rooms, but it was still not clean, nor did it bring a better smell to the rooms. This hotel has a bad case of bed bugs, they were seen crawling on our luggage, and evidence of family members being bit by them, And some brought them home with them. Not only was there evidence of bed bugs, but also fruit flies. No one slept at all one family member was forced to sleep in their car, family members were awaken by a fight that broke out in the parking lot in the middle of the night. We dealt with other guest that were obviously prejudice against Blacks or maybe it was just they never saw any before? Your guess is as good as ours!!!!! The towels and wash clothes we were given were dingy white!!!! Would I ever stay or recommend this hotel again? NO Not at all!!!!! Please know more coomplaints will be coming in the next few days from the large party that stayed in your hotel the weekend of the 5th of June!!!!!!!!! To all prospective guest please continue to google other places in Madison heights, va or near by Lynchburg area beacause this place is the pits!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2009

dirty we had very dirty water bubbling up into our sink in both rooms we cleaned the room be for we strayed it was cleaner when we left some one had used the toilet its was plain and simpley dirty and delapitated we will never stay there again dirtyu bed linens in the one room gross!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2009

After reading reviews, we were a little nervous about staying at this location. However, we were very pleasantly surprised! It was surrounded by a safe neighborhood, had hot water, and even had wireless internet! For only $45 a night? Can't get much better than that.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We booked online, but only for one night so we had to pay the regular price for a second night. That price was nearly $20 more. Being on a very tight budget we sucked it up, their was nothing more we could do. Our room was, shall we say, less than nice. Peeling wall paper, a broken door (we finally figured out that pushing the handle up instead of down would cause it to open) when we opened the door a piece of the trip came off, we kicked it back on. The light in the bathroom broke on our second day. The fan in the bathroom was broken which caused the whole room to become moist and foggy. I flushed the toilet while roommate was in the shower, the water cut off while the toilet filled. The cable only showed half the channels, the other were too distorted. The shower floor moves! And, there was red all over the wallpaper in some areas, but not in others. Scares me a little. Even though the room was non-smoking, it smelled awful. Probably because the rooms are connected via an attic.

The air conditioner was cool, and the internet worked - I will give them that.

My recommendation, sleep in your car or something.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2007

One of the absolute worst hotel experiences I have ever had - and that includes in third world countries. Mold, filth beyond description, broken door locks, sticky and stained carpeting, damaged interiors, etc. The pictures speak for themselves! The discolorations you see are all dirt and stains and sticky crap (not just worn and stained but three dimensional filth). Take special note of the broken door locks - including the connecting door with the next room. I think they filled it in with blue play doh or gum or something. The "management" on site could care less, simply saying they would "let the maintenance guy know". I sent two emails directly to the Knight's Inn feedback address and never received a reply. Atrocious facility, atrocious customer focus. Run for your life - literally!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2007

I do not want pick the first choice, but my rating is definitely not OK. I had to refuse the first room because the door had been kicked in and could not be closed securely. In the second room I found the security-chain alternative device was held to the door frame with only one screw. For twenty minutes I listened to hammering in the next room as makeshift repairs were being made to that door. Meanwhile in my new room I had to dispose of a large insect roosting on the night stand. I could not see nor catch the whining mosquito but it only buzzed me once. The floor creaked badly in multiple places. The sheets were clean but the blanket looked very crumpled and suspect, so I was glad not to need it. Taking a shower was like standing on a water bed, such that I could hardly keep my balance, because a quantity of water underneath the fiberglass tub would rush left and right as I shifted my weight from foot to foot. The manager was welcoming upon my arrival, as on my several prior visits, and he thanked me in the morning for my plumbing report.

• Stayed: September 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Kirkley Hotel
#12 of 23 in Lynchburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#20 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Knights Inn Madison Heights Lynchburg? Share your experiences!