“Customer service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Boston, Massachusetts
“Customer service”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The Hotel has a good customer service. The employees are very helpful and ready to help the customers; it is a good side. Moreover, the room I've got is very comfortable; there are AC, heat, refrigerator, chairs, TV, and so forth. I believe that it is a good idea to book a room at America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear valued Traveller,
Thank you for sharing a response with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms, continental breakfast, water pressure, and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Best Location, Perfect price, everything in walking distance, friendly staff, clean rooms of good size. My wife and I stayed at this hotel during our first trip to Lynchburg-VA, I was very happy staying there for two night and we would definitely stay there again. Exceptionally clean for lower budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa D
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Tejas-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights VA
Glen Oaks, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My experience at America's Best Value Inn was EXCELLENT!! the General Manager was Awesome, he made sure that my stay went well without a glitch...Did I mention that he gave my family and I a tour of the facilities? the front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming as well. I Highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the lynchburg area!!! I am looking forward to my next visit, this SUMMER

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jack S
Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, water pressure and continental breakfast. We normally open our swimming pool from Memorial Day until Labor Day each year. We hope that you stay with us again if you ever return to the area.

Walkertown, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have never wrote a review on anything before and felt this was a great time to warn others about this hotel. I reserved a one night stay on 4/13/13 from NC. We came in for a concert at Phase 2 which is a GREAT place. We were on a motorcycle and when pulling into this hotel I knew we would not be staying there but had to go in as they already had my card info and owuld charge. So I just requested to see the room before agreeing to stay. It smelled horrible walking through the halls and could tell nothing had been done for upkeep in this hotel in MANY years. Walked in the room which didnt look horrible but I knew we werent staying there so we said we didnt fell comfortable staying there and left. There was only 2 cars in parking lot which had to be the workers. It looked like a good place for a killing so we have renamed this hotel the Murder Inn. We drove a few exits up to stay at Holiday Inn Express in Lynchburg and it was fabulous. Huge flat screen tvs, great shower and hot breakfast. Upon checking in recieved 2 bottles of water because they seen we were on a motorcycle. Worth every penny!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristy I
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. We have recently renovated our property, including painting, microfridges, grouted bathroom floors, new tile flooring and tiles in breakfast area, fencing around perimeter of property for added security. Please know that all complaints will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken.

Travellers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Buckhannon, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed here 02/23/2013.

The parking lot of this location was ominous enough; syringe in the grass on the way to the booking office.

Employee nodded at me, asked for my drivers license, handed me my key card and told me my room number. I asked where would be best to park, he shrugged and said it was upstairs.

The hallways smell like a mix of urine and dog kennel, with very little lighting. It felt like a horror movie.

HBO on the TV? Really? I couldn't find that channel operational. Wifi? Hah! Good luck! I ended up strolling over to the nearby McDonalds for my internet.

The bathroom's sink's drain leaked every time I used it, and ended up getting my socks wet. The shower head was mildewed beyond belief, appeared to be from the late 80's, and barely spurted water out. 10 minutes into my shower, the water had gone cold; I can't tell whether it was too long of a shower, or just some other glitch.

There was an abundance of trash and clothing under my bed; I did not investigate. The bed was moderately comfortable, but I brought my own sheets and pillows.

Breakfast..... Hah! There was a waffle maker that hasn't been cleaned in years, some kind of yogurt in a bowl of ice, and coffee that tasted like the devil did his business in a carafe. No lie.

I only stayed one night, and noticed my car had a huge dent in the front passenger side's wheel area. I know this isn't the hotel's fault, but I'm still kinda displeased about my poor car. :(

Great price, but this is the scariest, sketchiest, dirtiest hotel I've ever slept in, and I regret doing so.

Room Tip: Do not stay here! Turn back now!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Cleveland
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was visiting Lynchburg, VA for my construction business. I stayed at this Motel for a week. The employees were very friendly. I am one of those who always needs extra blankets because I am always cold. I would bother the employees at middle of the night, and they would still help me happily. Great Customer Service!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason Y
Thank you for sharing a response with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms, continental breakfast and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Mammoth Spring, Arkansas
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Unfortunately I was staying on the cheap and this hotel had an afforable price. That being said, I was actually concerned for my safety. The exterior door locks do not work, and each patio door has questionable locks at best. In the middle of the night I actually heard someone trying to open the patio door to my room. It was terrifying. I would NEVER bring children here - ever!

Filthy does not begin to describe the place. The bathroom was covered in mold and how the department of health has allowed them to serve any food to the public is beyond me. Although when I arrived for the "continental breakfast" at 8:00am, the only thing to be had was a cold cup of coffee - no cream, no food - nothing.

Alas the free wi fi was also a bust and was not operational. Thank goodness the televison worked to keep my mind off of the racket coming from the other rooms. The employees were hit and miss - two of them were very polite, but the breakfast guy should be fired, and maybe he should actually get up and wipe a counter instead of parking his bottom in front of his computer without so much as a good morning?!

I got the feeling this is a place where long term displaced people stay and it is not geared to the average traveller. I am baffled that some of these reviews were positive and said the place was clean. They must have it confused with someplace else.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and did not feel safe. Perhaps one on the second floor would be prefer...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ralphillips
Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Kunal-Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.
Holiday Inn Lynchburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lynchburg Liberty University
Courtyard Lynchburg
Courtyard Lynchburg
#17 of 23 in Lynchburg

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!