“Re-train or replace the manager. or shut the hotel all-together” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Madison Heights
Rohnert Park, California
“Re-train or replace the manager. or shut the hotel all-together”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

First you have the manager or receptionist who is very very rude. Then he tells you he did you a favor by giving you a room at the hotel. The rooms are filthy dirty towels, stinking !!!
I was so unlucky that I arrived late at nite. His atitude was worse than a hungry uncared pitbull.
He tried to charge me three days when I stayed for two days.The advertized rate was $31 plus tax which comes to $44 even, So I should have paid $88, he charged me $97 and on top of saying he had just helped me. I am the customer.He needs my money more than I need him. I could have gone to another motel If I knew that that was how he was going to behave.
As is that was not bad enough, I checked out at 5 am because I had an early train to DC, he calls and says I STOLE HOTEL TOWELS. My mind froze! Very dirty old towels??????? The bed sheets....OMG let me stop here coz I want no memories of that motel.
I have in mind to sue that hotel. If nothing is done to change the status quo, I feel sorry for whoever is the owner. I will never ever stay there again.
I warn everybody do not waste your money. YOU will regret.

Room Tip: Do not go use this hotel Try any other.This one is a disaster
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. i seen booking online and there is a $44 per room price and tax is separate so total comes out as $48.50 for 1 night and there was 2 night reservation so total as $97 for both nights. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Kunal-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights, VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The room is fine for the cost. I stayed in a king room and there was a large mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, old tube tv, and wifi. The place is run down, but I don't know why anyone would expect it not to be for 33$/night. The hallways smell strongly of smoke odor, but the room I had did not smell at all. The heat worked very well in temperatures close to 0F. I ran a speedtest on the internet and it averaged 16mb/s, i used it a bit and had no disconnections or problems. There were 2 separate routers in the building to connect to. The room was as clean as it could be for the shape it was in and I never once saw any kind of bug. They do have a breakfast of english muffins, bagels, and a waffle maker. I'd recommend it to anyone who just wants a cheap place to stay for a couple of nights and can deal with the fact that it's old and a little ragged.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JCZimmy
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Traveler
Your kind words are taken to heart and certainly appreciated! We would love to serve you in the future and hope you have the need to come back to stay with us!! Thank you!
Sparta, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Motel had very nice room; BUT, they could spend a little money and buy new towels, washcloths. They could also make sure the baths in these rooms are at least swept and clean.
They need to provide at least one cup or glass to drink out of, also provide tissues for runny noses!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hello Traveler,

Thank you for taking time to share a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Let me first start by saying that out of courtesy, I personally check on each and every guest within 10 minutes after checkin. This way, I can identify any potential issues which you may encounter during your stay. I would never intend to harm anyone. Our rooms have been recently updated with new night stands, desks, armoirs, headboards, drapes, bed frames, mattresses, mattress covers, and painting. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn

Travellers are raving about these Madison Heights hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

DO NOT stay here. It doesn't even deserve a star at all. It should be demolished. When I drove up there were what looked like 5 gangster men in the office hanging around. I was scared for my life so I couldn't even go in the place to check in. I drove around to the side and it looked like they hung blankets for curtains. There were only about 2 cars at the whole place. I did not get a chance to look in the room, but felt like if I did I wouldn't make it out alive. It looked like a prostitution joint or somewhere that offered illegal pharmaceuticals. I left and had to ride around looking for something more decent and safe. I was there to take my daughter to the college for a weekend event and wouldn't be in my room much, but still I just couldn't do it. Don't waste your money like I did!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tabenton
Dear Traveler ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. we recently renovate property in October and November 2013. In the future, I recommend that you call the hotel in advance. That way housekeeping staff can specially prepare a room for you to prevent this incident from happening in the future. Your business is important for us.

Thanks
Americas Best Value Inn-Chincoteague Island, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The place is roach infested you can't sit anywhere without roaches getting on u this place needs to be shut down its not worth 10 dollars a night i will never stay here again very gross it my husband was sitting on the patio if that's what u wanna call it but he had to keep killing roaches to keep them from going inside of the room they qere even dropping on our heads and the bathroom was very nasty look like the tub hasn't been cleaned for months i would not suggest this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank dmples69
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Kunal-Manager
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was travelling with one other individual and I wasn't expecting much for the price I paid. But what I got was very unsat. Even for the price, I would expect the room to be cleaned atleast. There was garbage under the beds and upon further inspection it looked as if just the floor that was visible was cleaned. The floor under the bed and night stands were not. The bathroom had stains under the toilet where apparently someone missed and it was never cleaned. The mattress was filthy as well as the.sheets. And then last there were the bugs. My room had a family of 12( that I found) of quarter sized spiders. Overall a horrible experience. I moved the next day to a nicer hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank yesman1234
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Traveler,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

The Hotel has a good customer service. The employees are very helpful and ready to help the customers; it is a good side. Moreover, the room I've got is very comfortable; there are AC, heat, refrigerator, chairs, TV, and so forth. I believe that it is a good idea to book a room at America's Best Value Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear valued Traveller,
Thank you for sharing a response with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms, continental breakfast, water pressure, and friendly staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison Heights
#11 of 23 in Lynchburg
BEST WESTERN of Lynchburg
BEST WESTERN of Lynchburg
#16 of 23 in Lynchburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lynchburg at Liberty Univ.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!