“Great Stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was pleased with my service and I also enjoyed that the gentleman let me see the room before buying. It was clean, smelled nice, and no bugs. Everything was decent although it is not luxury hotel it was very nice stay. Very cozy and quiet! If I travel out of town here again this will be my place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank t s

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My in-laws 76 & 82 were traveling home with a pet. I called ahead looking for a hotel that was pet friendly. Spoke with the owner who told me the rooms were very clean and had just been remodeled with all new furniture. When they arrived and got their key they were horrible surprised. No shower curtain on the shower, stuffing hanging out of the box springs, old furniture, dirty carpet and only one lamp for lighting. The owner clearly did not give a clear picture of the hotel. When they complained at check out he said he would look into it. My mother n law said it was horrible. Move to the next hotel do not stop.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AHLIKETOTRAVEL
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stopped at Econo Lodge from traveling from Northern Virginia to Texas. The location and town are somewhat lonely. There wasn't much to choose from specially when we were stopping at the middle of the night and wanting a non-smoking room. The hotels shows age, but the room was very clean and everything working. They included free breakfast which was actually good. They had Belgium waffles, bagels, options in muffins and cereal. Better than other more pricey hotels. Receptionist was also very friendly. If we had to stop at this town again, which we hope we don't, we would choose this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The Econo Lodge was chosen as a half way point between Albany, NY and Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
After traveling for 11 hours, we were happy to arrive having made reservations a month in advance. There were no cars in the parking lot when we drove up which should have been a good hint as to the accomodations.
First of all the room was not bad - microwave, small fridge, TV, and free Wi-FI - However the wi-fi was tough to connect, but after a call to front desk the receptionist did all he could and after about an hour he did connect me.
Housekeeping was okay - did not use the shower but noticed tub being well worn - definitely could use some serious updating. Rugs vacuumed in the center but more care certainly could be used in corners.
My biggest complaint was that I was quoted a $39.99 rate using my CLC card when making reservation and the bill came thru at $59.99 -

Room Tip: I had the very last room (single) away from the office. Suggest you don't go there!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Our party of 5 needed a place to sleep enroute to Tennessee. It was after 10pm & a day on the road had taken it's toll on us. We had checked out the prices of two other motels in the area and opted for the Econ Lodge. We found the lady at check in to be very nice. Our Wi fi worked perfectly, and there were no bikers or other disturbances to complain about. Of the two rooms we had, I found one had a problem with the toilet continuing to fill. Once reported this was dealt with quickly, we were moved to another room a few doors down. In all truthfulness I find the description of a hot breakfast to be amusing & perhaps misleading to some. I know that furnishing a waffle iron & mix is often used as grounds for qualifying a hot breakfast bar in America but even so, this was small scale offerings. We spent 3 weeks traveling from Washington D.C to the Smokey Mts in TN. I can say that this place will not win any awards concerning the food front.
This place isn't anything special but given the price found in the area, and as it was for 1 night I can not make any complaints.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We booked 5 rooms. Were told at check in that wi fi was available and the breakfast was a hot breakfast (big sign in the parking lot also said hot breakfast). We also asked for quiet rooms and were told that the main road the hotel is on becomes "dead" after 8 PM and the place is quiet.
The person at the desk also did a tremendous sales pitch about why we should stay at this place rather than next door or across the street - rooms are better etc.

Well here is the real story: wi fi only worked on one side of the property, we weren't told at check in the this place is popular with the bike crowd - noise and partying outside our rooms until 2 AM followed by loud bikes starting up at 6AM. Hot breakfast was waffles but the waffle maker had some issue so it couldn't be used. Rooms weren't all that great - especially since the front desk person told us they had the best rooms of the competition.

It wouldn't have been so bad if our expectations weren't raised high during check in. The place is nothing special.

Room Tip: Check out the competition next door - we should have stayed there. Back of the property has train n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank clike
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This was a perfectly adequate hotel for an overnight stay. The breakfast was decent and had fresh waffles. The room was very clean and the beds were alright. My only complaint was that the WiFi wasn't working for me...don't know if that was a problem on my end or on theirs. All in all, everything I would expect at the price I paid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank HalynKY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Americas Best Value Inn
Knights Inn Glade Spring
#1 of 2 in Glade Spring
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!