“Horrendous!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Travel Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Marion
“Horrendous!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

The carpet looked disgusting, and we slept above the covers because the sheets looked stained. Couldn't shower cuz the water wasn't warm enough, not that I would want to step foot in that nasty looking tub. No refrigerator or microwave, which sucks if you have a nursing baby. Thankfully we had a cooler and was able to heat bottle on the heater. This place is a dive!

• Stayed December 2010

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I have stayed at this motels sister property accross the street recently and found it very nice so I decieded to try this small one story motel. I was really surprised on how nice it really was it was clean, in good repair had great employees the beds were good and the shower was hot. They had a nice breakfast. I like older motels like this one if they are taken care of and this is one that has been taken care of in the best of ways. The bathrooms are a hoot they are right out of the 1960's but very nice and clean. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. I had lost my cell phone and the desk clerk offered to go to Wal-Mart and purchase me a Trac phone so I would not be without cell service until I could get my phone replaced. What name brand newer hotel do you know that would make that kind of offer. You just can't beat the small independent hotel service. Because of how I was treated I will be back not only be back I am bringing a crew of 25 to Marion and I will place all of them in this little hotel. Great job you guy's keep it up.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Hotelman63
Colfax, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

The first room was to be no smoking and someone had smoked in the room and there was even an ashtray in the room. They switched us to another room and the first thing we noticed was the bathroom was not clean...hair on the floor, toothpaste splatter on faucet, etc. The mini-fridge had a half empty can of coke, the microwave was nasty and the room needed dusting. We complained and they came and cleaned the room. When we came back to the room to settle in for the night...we took our showers and then when to bed...I was lying on one bed with our 4-yr old daughter when my husband lying on the other bed asked me if I washed my feet when showering..of course I did! Well the bottoms of all three of our feet were BLACK from the nasty carpet! It was 10:00pm, we have a little Bichon dog, and we were not able to leave and find another hotel that would accomodate animals at this point. We did however check out immediately the following morning (we were suppose to stay 2 days!). I LOVE older motels, motor courts, etc. I think they have a wonderful amount of charm and I don't mind the older decor, furniture, or even the bathroom fixtures..all I ask of ANY place that a person stays in is for it to be CLEAN! With that said..we will NOT return to the Virginia House Inn!

• Liked — Originally the location and the pool.
  • Disliked — The uncleanliness.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank esexton
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

Rooms were clean, nice maids. However the new desk clerk was a little crazy..\, She would not give me my stamps.

Stayed June 2007
Pembroke, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2006

The beds were adequate. The plumbing in our room was non-existent. The shower dripped all night. The toilet did not flush due to no chain on the flapper valve and the sink drained at a glacial pace. If there is a maintenance man looking to make a name for him/herself...apply here.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank cbozman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Americas Best Value Inn
#3 of 5 in Marion
The Collins House Inn
The Collins House Inn
#1 of 2 in Marion

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!