“Potentially good wines -- but the servers are CARELESS!!!”

Naked Mountain Winery & Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Markham
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Naked Winery could have easily scored a 4 or 5, but unfortunately several key items lowered our experience and their score down. Here is what happened.

1. It took forever (5-10 minutes of standing around at the counter) to get greeted or taken care of.

2. All white wines were served PISS WARM TEMPERATURE.

3. When we tried to say something to the server...instead of "oh, I am sorry...let me fix that" or some apologetic attitude or care with corrective action...She simply stated "Oh yes it is warm" then smiled and walked away.

4. We were truly excited to order a few appetizer plates to enjoy with the tasting and perhaps a few glasses, BUT the HORRIBLE and CARELESS attitude of servers behind the counter and the WARM WHITE Wine totally KILLED THAT. Too Bad...

To sum it up...the wines tasted like they would have been really good -- if served at the correct cool/cold temperature.

Based on our experience with wineries around the world, It is clearly apparent from the lack of care and attitude of the lazy servers...the OWNERS and MANAGERS are ASLEEP at the Wheel of this business, which is truly a shame.

This winery could really be great -- if the OWNERS invest some time and CARE in training the staff to do things right and make customers feel at home. The OWNERS should not rely on 21 year olds without training or care to run this winery.

I hope Naked Mountain Winery will turn around for the better...

We would be curious to try this again...in the future.

1  Thank Phantastic4u
"beautiful scenery"
"birthday suit"
"gift shop"

Reviewed 28 July 2017

While this winery is a bit off the beaten path, the drive to get to it is lovely. The parking lot was full when we arrived on the afternoon of July 4. Since no dogs are allowed inside the tasting room, my family relaxed on the patio while I did a tasting.

They are currently undergoing construction to expand their tasting room, patio and wine-making facilities. However, the work does not impact visitors.

Their tasting consists of 9 wines~some of which play off their 'naked' theme, such as "Birthday Suit", "Make Me Blush" and "Skinny Dipper". My favorites were their Chardonnay/Reisling, Skinny Dipper and Red Light. Tasters have to choose between two sweeter dessert wines. I chose the Old Vine Reisling and found it pleasing despite being very sweet (4.5% residual sugar) and smooth with a nice honey finish.

They offer a selection of lite fare that includes pimento spread with pita chips, various cheeses, salami, prosciutto, olives, crackers and demi baguettes.

They have a small selection of "Drink Naked" themed gift items.

Hope to return soon to see their expanded facilities and enjoy the picturesque valley view.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We had the wine and a meal there. Please note it was catered but the atmosphere and the winery was spectacular even though it was raining ☔️ the place a MUST to go too. I would go anytime for the surroundings and beauty of the place. It is the place to go.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My family and I were in the area visiting a bunch of wineries. Our daughter is an alumni of a local college in the area and we still continue to visit the area off and on. We had been to the winery before however my mother and niece had not. When we entered the winery they were a little underwhelmed as it was what we had described to the prior to. I believe we had it mixed up with on of the other local wineries. I myself was a little disappointed as it wasn't the one I thought it was and was concerned they wouldn't like it. However when we entered, we were greeted very nicely by two lovely young ladies and asked if we were interested in a tasting. We stated we were and she waited on us right away. My mother who is not really a wine drinker found several of wines she wanted to purchase and so did the rest of us. I believe we left with 6 or 7 bottles of wine and a few items from the gift shop as well. While we didn't stay and have a glass there, we did have a glass once we got back to the hotel at the end of the day. We will certainly return on our next visited and we are very grateful for the service we received that day.