“For Less Than $50 bucks It's Tired But Tolerable”

Super 8 Martinsville VA
Super 8 Martinsville VA
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Houston, Texas
“For Less Than $50 bucks It's Tired But Tolerable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I booked this hotel for one reason...THE PRICE. I knew I would only be in town for two nights & for less than $100 I tolerated this place. For $45 per night, this room is VERY basic. It's clean with good water pressure but it is VERY VERY basic with tired, outdated furnishings & decor. I was in room 110 on the bottom floor. I booked & paid for a queen room but what I got was a room with a regular (full sized) bed. Definitely not a queen size. The bed was very low to the floor (I'm 5'0 so for me to say it's low, it's LOW). The bed was dressed with only a sheet, a coverlet (spread), & two well worn flat pillows. The bathroom was clean but the sink vanity was a little loose and pulling from the wall. The toilet seat was old & worn to the point of having dime sized wear marks on either side of the seat from people sitting on it. The AC/HEAT unit worked just fine & the parking lot was well lit. There were security cameras all over the place so safety was not a worry for me. That's about it.

Room Tip: I would suggest another hotel if you plan to say more than 1 night. This place is not worth staying...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Elkton, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Wasn't bad bad, wouldn't stay again. Walls dirty & hotel run down, clean sheets on the bed was nice & fresh only positive for me.Trash outside running over,had to ask for milk & juice for breakfast,seem's they weren't much on keeping things stocked or neat & tidy.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Martinsville hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had a very pleasant stay here in the Martinsville Super 8, Very clean room and bath. Excellent internet service in our room. The management, Ben Patel and wife, were very helpful in solving my computer problems. Room rate was very fair. We will come back here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I was in town for the Labor Day weekend. After a long day of driving with a frustrated 3 year old I needed a place to lodge. Upon entry the facility smelled of various seasonings mixed with the incense that were burning. The staff was polite but the facility was run down. The room was clean but dated and the vending machine and ice were located in what is also considered the fitness center. I guess you get what you pay for. The following night I stayed at the Comfort Inn just down the street. Had I known then what I know now I would have never stayed at the Super 8.

• Stayed September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I reserved a non-smoking Queen room well in advance of our travel. When we arrived, we were told we reserved a smoking room and shown the "confirmation" they received which did indeed say "smoking." The fact that I had a confirmation from Expedia saying "non-smoking" didn't make a bit of difference to the less-than-charming lady at the front desk.

She "offered" us a non-smoking room, for an extra fee, and it was a double-bed room, not a queen room. So let me get this straight - I am paying EXTRA for a room that's less than what I "reserved"?

The room itself was OK - reasonably clean - but the toilet only flushed if you stood over it and held the handle down for the entire flush, and the sink drained very slowly.

Wouldn't have had such a problem with the screw-up if she had been nice or understanding at all - she was just defensive and nasty and shoved her paperwork at me and said "here - look!" with a nasty smirk.

If it wasn't non-refundable, and if I wasn't here for my granddaughter, I might have turned around and walked out, just because she was such a...yeah...one of those. Mistakes happen - it's how they respond that sets a place apart. The response here was rude and defensive - not my idea of even a minimally acceptable level of customer service.

Oh - and that "no visitors in the room" rule - what is this, a hooker hangout? Seriously?

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Helen W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Martinsville
Quality Inn Dutch Inn
Quality Inn Dutch Inn
#1 of 2 in Collinsville
Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area

Been to Super 8 Martinsville VA? Share your experiences!