“sad just sad”

Super 8 Martinsville VA
Super 8 Martinsville VA
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Martinsville
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I paid $290 for a one nite stay booked online to attend a race in the area. The room was trashed holes in walls were at least patched, lol old broken recliner was all stained, eletric socket with out a cover stained nasty floor. We are coffee drinkers and asked for coffee packets for the coffee maker in room and the man was rude said we could come to lobby inthe next morning and have coffee. I probably would have slept good if their wasnt drinkers in the parking lot playing corn hole and being noisey. The air did not work and I couldnt even walk on floor without shoes the room stunk bad, yuck!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car if you cant find a room at another motel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2013

even though it was for one night the hotel was very nice and i will be staying there again very soon. the only thing that I found wrong with the room was i was on the first floor and the room was very cold had to keep heat the on the whole time i was there.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I own a business and have stayed at this hotel for years when im in the area. I have gotten to know the owners and they know my face when i come. Soi have overlooked sometimes when my room didnt smell totally fresh or when certain items didnt work. But this stay was rediculous. I was 2 hrs into the stay when i looked up and noticed the ceiling was covered with lady bugs. I asked for another room but was told i would be given my money back. I explained it was 9 @ night and was a little late for trying to find another hotel in a busy time of year. I was told they didnt want to hear me complain if a different room was the same. They put the money on the counter and said go. I explained i deal with customers and this wasnt the way to handle this. i have never given a problem at this establishment but still was told to go. So then I told the manager they have lost a valuable customer and i will never come here again. I advised them that i would contact the parent company and explain the same.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the front.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I booked this hotel for one reason...THE PRICE. I knew I would only be in town for two nights & for less than $100 I tolerated this place. For $45 per night, this room is VERY basic. It's clean with good water pressure but it is VERY VERY basic with tired, outdated furnishings & decor. I was in room 110 on the bottom floor. I booked & paid for a queen room but what I got was a room with a regular (full sized) bed. Definitely not a queen size. The bed was very low to the floor (I'm 5'0 so for me to say it's low, it's LOW). The bed was dressed with only a sheet, a coverlet (spread), & two well worn flat pillows. The bathroom was clean but the sink vanity was a little loose and pulling from the wall. The toilet seat was old & worn to the point of having dime sized wear marks on either side of the seat from people sitting on it. The AC/HEAT unit worked just fine & the parking lot was well lit. There were security cameras all over the place so safety was not a worry for me. That's about it.

Room Tip: I would suggest another hotel if you plan to say more than 1 night. This place is not worth staying...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsville
Econolodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Martinsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
Hampton Inn Martinsville
#1 of 6 in Martinsville

Been to Super 8 Martinsville VA? Share your experiences!